Damaged PSU

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
vascobraga

Damaged PSU

Post by vascobraga »

Seems that my PSU from my hdhomerun expand has gone to hell. I can buy another locally (Europe shop from silicon dust is a desert, this days) but instead of 1.5A it can reach 2A. As far as I know that shouldn't be a problem, because the device will draw the needed ampers from it. Is it ok to buy one?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Damaged PSU

Post by nickk »

Hi,

5V 2A will work fine. The connector size on the HDHR5-4DC is 4mm OD.

Nick

vascobraga

Post by vascobraga »

Thank you very much Nick. In the meantime I measured the original one and it kept delivering ~5V. So I positioned the connector in a certain way and locked it with a toothpick and it works. Now it seems a problem with the receiver connector...
Last edited by vascobraga on Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

vascobraga wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 am Thank you very much Nick. In the meantime I measured the original one and it kept delivering ~5V. So I portioned the connector in a certain way and locked it with a toothpick and it works. Now it seems a problem with the receiver connector...
We can repair/replace - we will have stock in EU in a few weeks.

Nick

vascobraga

Post by vascobraga »

Thanks, it's working now with the "hack". If I need it repaired where am I supposed to send it?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

vascobraga wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am Thanks, it's working now with the "hack". If I need it repaired where am I supposed to send it?
Open a support ticket and mention the power jack and your device ID, and we'll make arrangements when you're ready: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

vascobraga

Post by vascobraga »

Will do later. Thank you very much!

vascobraga

Post by vascobraga »

Just wanna thank Silicondust for the wonderful client support. Everything was solved very swiftly! Thanks again