Windows10 UI New enhancement?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
JDazell

Windows10 UI New enhancement?

Post by JDazell »

I opened my HD app on my Windows 10 PC this morning, there are now a group of Icons above the Guide list. Possibly I just never paid any attention but ...

Not sure what these are supposed to do? Is there any documentation for these ICONS?

Clicking on the "football", reduced the guide to only list sports related live shows. If I click on the "More Results" button below the last channel guide, the focus is changed to Discover and Sports.
The Movie Icon changes the Live Guide to channels with movies playing.
The "Back" icon appears to rotate between last choices in the Live guide.
The Search Icon brings up a text search field.
The Star icon changes focus to your Favorites Channel list and a button to launch the new beta UI Channel selection page. This works really well to set favorites and to permanently block channels.

Clicking on what I assume is the "repopulate guide" icon (the third icon from the right side) --> the app blows up with a black screen "Typerror: Unable to get property 'id' of undefined or null reference" and must be closed and re-launched.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Windows10 UI New enhancement?

Post by NedS »

live TV.jpg
live TV.jpg (509.82 KiB) Viewed 397 times
From left to right:

1. Search

2. Favorites - If you're been using the star/favorite feature for your channel lineup, it now does something in the official app! Filters to show favorited channels

3. Channel history - Go back to the last channel you watched, or go back to the second to last channel, etc

4. News - Filter to show just News programs

5. Sports - Filter to show just sports programs

6. Movies - Filter to show just movies

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Post by leerandall »

Hi, Ned. How does a person select one of the new icons using an nVidia Shield remote with just a D-pad without having to scroll all the way up to channel 1 first?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

leerandall wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:53 pm Hi, Ned. How does a person select one of the new icons using an nVidia Shield remote with just a D-pad without having to scroll all the way up to channel 1 first?
Use the search icon on the OSD bar at the bottom to jump to the top area...

leerandall

Post by leerandall »

Aha! I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

marks

Post by marks »

When watching a live TV show, I am having an issue with the latest UI on Windows where the menu of channels etc appears when I click but then I have to click sometimes dozen or more times to make the menu disappear.

leerandall

Post by leerandall »

marks wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:27 pm When watching a live TV show, I am having an issue with the latest UI on Windows where the menu of channels etc appears when I click but then I have to click sometimes dozen or more times to make the menu disappear.
Alternatively, you can press the Escape key to dismiss the channels menu.

ERamseth

Post by ERamseth »

This probably needs its own thread since it's not only windows 10.

But I would like to add a few points...

1) the filtering, searching, last channel stuff is absolutely a great new feature.

2) the UI/UX of this is less great if I'm being honest... on shield tv (or presumably all Android TV boxes) I would have to open the menu, hit the search button on the bottom bar, hist the search button on the top bar, scroll over to a filter option, then click it.... pretty clunky...

Suggestion: replace the search button on button bar with an "expand" button that pops out that same menu right above the bottom bar (and doesn't pre-select search)... although this only decreases number of clicks required by 1...

@NedS / @nickk Bug report: hitting back button to close guide while any filtering is active screws things up ("ok/select" doesn't open guide, up/down doesn't open guide... have to go back to menu then re-open live TV for it to recover)

aritafari

Post by aritafari »

@NedS / @nickk Bug report: hitting back button to close guide while any filtering is active screws things up ("ok/select" doesn't open guide, up/down doesn't open guide... have to go back to menu then re-open live TV for it to recover)
[/quote]

I reported similar bug here: viewtopic.php?t=75991

aritafari

Post by aritafari »

This bug has been fixed in 20211015b (UI) (beta)

newnerd

Post by newnerd »

I guess the new Windows 10 UI changes are a step forward but I now have problems with instability and lacking an important process. I frequently go into the Discover feature to schedule multiple recordings over a period of days and each time I set up a recording and then go back to Discover, instead of going back to the point in time I scheduled the last recording, it goes back to now! It used to go back to the time of the recording just scheduled and that allowed me to advance in time to the next desired recording. Now, I have to continuously click the advance arrow back to where the last recording was made and then go forward to find the next show I want to record. Who wants to start over setting up recordings by clicking forward thru hours and hours of programing to set up each recording! Very cumbersome to the point of no longer being happy with the HDhomerun app! Is this an intended manner of operation or a bug?

My PC set up:
Windows 10 64-bit, fully updated
16 GB DDR2600 RAM
Z270 Intel chipset
Intel Optane 900p PCIe 280GB O.S. ssd
4TB Seagate Iron Wolf Pro hdd (DVR recordings)
HDhomerun app: V20211005(App)/20211015(UI)