Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by Ken.F »

signcarver wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:49 am I sometimes really do wish one could turn off such background scans.
I complained about background scans several times. I get my lineup the way I want it then a random background scan comes along and marks one of my most used QAM channels as "Unknown". It drives me crazy.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

Sorry for the delay in posting this notification, this went out yesterday but the time slipped past me and it was a school night :) Let me know if the new legacy tuner device support screws anything up!

Build 7955 - v3.7.0 / v4.7.0 (2021.10.12)
  • Update cURL library to version 7.79.1
  • Update libxml2 library to version 2.9.11
  • Add support for legacy HDHomeRun tuner devices
  • Change timer rule duplicate prevention name 'Record only new episodes' to 'Record new episodes only'
  • Change timer rule duplicate prevention name 'Record only recent episodes' to 'Record current season episodes only'
Release Notes: Downloads: The auto-update repository has also been refreshed to use these versions, but it may take your Kodi instance up to 48 hours to detect and automatically install the update; this is normal.

Joeyrub

Post by Joeyrub »

Ken.F wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 am
Joeyrub wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:16 am Is that info screen available from TV app? Or only from a PC?
If it is possible from TV, please tell me how to find it? Thanks
It should work on a TV but you need a keyboard to press the letter "o" key, or you can bring that screen up using Kodi's Kore mobile app by long-pressing the info "i" button next to the D-pad.

Oh wow! I just installed a new skin on my Kodi, it's called "Amber". Besides making everything look completely different n nicer. It also offers exactly what I wanted. When I bring up the info banner. I can switch between 3 banners, current show info, next show info, and my favorite SIGNAL QUALITY! so I can access the signal meter now straight from my regular tv remote. No more need to look for my phone open the Kore remote app, to get this info. I'M LOVING IT

One more thing I'm loving about this skin. It has a setting to make the OSD screen go away by itself after set amount of seconds chosen. The regular Kodi doesn't have this option, so if I pressed ok to bring up the OSD screen. It would stay on till I press the back button. Now this is also fixed with this new skin. Loving it

Joeyrub

Post by Joeyrub »

Wow guys.
To repeat what I wrote in my last post here. I'm really loving this new skin I just downloaded for my Kodi (Matrix 19.2). I never really bothered with trying skins before, cause I figured it's just cosmetic. But it's in fact way way more. It changed the complete look n feel n setup of the entire Kodi app.
So after realizing this, I tried out most of the skins offered directly within the Kodi app (settings; interface; skin; skin; get more).. I'm sure there are more options available online, but I didn't even check. Cause the one I happened to try first, was the best one for me. The skin is called "AMBER". Please try it out. But be prepared that it will change EVERYTHING! Nothing will be the way it was, the settings, the menus..... All very very different. But the skin has its own settings menu, where you can play around and change every little detail of the skin. And after setting everything the way I want it. I'm loving everything about this skin.
For me, I only really use Kodi for this HdHomeRun plugin, to watch live TV with a buffer, or recorded shows. And now with this new skin, it actually looks and feels a lot more like a TV box. (Like my previously used Dish Network Hopper, or something similar). It feels a lot less like a PC media player, and a lot more like a more simple TV box. But the good news is, that after playing around with it for a while now, I'm not seeing anything that I'm losing with this skin over the original. (The only thing it's missing, that I couldn't find anywhere, is the Season n Episode number of a show. Not in the info banner, not in the guide. no biggy, but the original skin did show this info in the guide show description).
And for me, this skin also fixes 2 little annoyances I had with the original, as I already mentioned in previous post. First one is the biggest one for me. That with the original, there is no way to access the signal meter page, with the regular remote control. So the only way would be via keyboard, which I don't have one connected to my TV, or (as was pointed out to me here), with the Kore remote Android app. So every time I wanted to bring up the signal meter, I'd have to find my phone, open the Kore app... It was a big annoyance. And I even posted about it here then, suggesting it would be amazing if the info banner could be scrolled sideways to the stats info banner. And that's exactly how it is with this new skin. The info banner is 3 options, Now, Next, Signal. Now is info for the show playing, Next is info for the show coming up next, And signal, is the signal meters... JUST PERFECT! (Although I should mention, that the signal page doesn't have all the info the original one had, no tuner number etc etc, only, PVR Backend, Signal Quality, SNR. But that's all I really need anyway, so I'm good with having only this info, but having it easily accessible from my regular remote..
The 2nd thing this skin fixed, is that with the original, when you click the ok button on the remote, or the center button. It brings up the OSD screen, (with the channel, show, time counter, etc etc), but unlike every other TV box or media player I've ever used, it doesn't go away on its own, but stays on till you press the back or exit button. Maybe some people like having it stay on. But I don't, cause I usually just wanna see what I wanna see, and that's it. So I was kinda surprised that there wasn't even a option in the settings for this. But this new skin does exactly that, it has a setting option to have it timeout, and you can select 3, 5, 10, 15 seconds.
So again, these 2 things aren't really a very big deal. But I was sure glad to find this fixed it. But most of all, I just love the look n feel of it now. Feels like a TV box finally.

If anyone gives it a try, please write what you thought of it. How you liked it.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

Joeyrub wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:10 am If anyone gives it a try, please write what you thought of it. How you liked it.
I tried Amber a long time ago. It was OK. The only reason I switched to it was because it was necessary for some Plex integration scheme (PlexBMC or something like that). It was very similar to the default Confluence skin back then. The most noticeable difference from Confluence that I can remember was the color.

Joeyrub

Post by Joeyrub »

Ken.F wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:29 am
Joeyrub wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:10 am If anyone gives it a try, please write what you thought of it. How you liked it.
I tried Amber a long time ago. It was OK. The only reason I switched to it was because it was necessary for some Plex integration scheme (PlexBMC or something like that). It was very similar to the default Confluence skin back then. The most noticeable difference from Confluence that I can remember was the color.
Ya, when I got my first ever HdHomeRun Tuner a few months ago, I tried every option I could. Including Plex. I really liked it. But then I found Kodi with this here plugin, and I didn't like Plex so much anymore. But everyone has different needs and tastes...
And also, ya you're right that the Confluence Skin being similar. And ya its still available. But I think the Amber skin is way more detailed and customizable. I also kinda liked Embuary. It also has easy access to the nerd stats page (signal meter), it's highly customizable. But I'm not loving the feel of it. Feels very PC like, not TV box. To be fair that is exactly what they went for, they made it to look n feel like Emby, so I guess they went for this kinda PC feel.

riviera128

Post by riviera128 »

Hi, I have a EPG issue where the guide shows the correct current local time, but guide is one hour behind as far as indicating correctly what is on at the current time.
In other words, if it is 7 PM here, the clock on the guide shows 7 PM, but the guide indicates the show that is currently on is actually what was on at 6 PM. It doesn't matter what channel- all are like this. This started I believe since the daylight savings time change. If I clear the guide data, it becomes current until the next reboot, then the problem returns. I tried setting the time zone one hour ahead thinking this would be a workaround, but all this does is make the clock incorrect. The guide still is an hour off as far as what is currently on.

My setup (I'm in the US with spectrum cable):
raspberry Pi4 running Libreelec 9.2.8 and kodi 18.9.0
Unofficial kodi addon- I've tried versions 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 (I think with versions 3.5 and up I can't get any EPG data to populate the guide)
I have a paid HDHomerun DVR active subscription most current version running on FreeBSD
Also, I can run the HDHomeRun official client on a windows 10 box and the guide data is correct

Is there any way to due a guide offset of one hour? I guess that would be a quick fix.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

riviera128 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:43 am Hi, I have a EPG issue where the guide shows the correct current local time, but guide is one hour behind as far as indicating correctly what is on at the current time.
In other words, if it is 7 PM here, the clock on the guide shows 7 PM, but the guide indicates the show that is currently on is actually what was on at 6 PM. It doesn't matter what channel- all are like this. This started I believe since the daylight savings time change. If I clear the guide data, it becomes current until the next reboot, then the problem returns. I tried setting the time zone one hour ahead thinking this would be a workaround, but all this does is make the clock incorrect. The guide still is an hour off as far as what is currently on.

My setup (I'm in the US with spectrum cable):
raspberry Pi4 running Libreelec 9.2.8 and kodi 18.9.0
Unofficial kodi addon- I've tried versions 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 (I think with versions 3.5 and up I can't get any EPG data to populate the guide)
I have a paid HDHomerun DVR active subscription most current version running on FreeBSD
Also, I can run the HDHomeRun official client on a windows 10 box and the guide data is correct

Is there any way to due a guide offset of one hour? I guess that would be a quick fix.
My best guess is that your system time is automatically adjusting after Kodi has started. Like when the pi boots the clock is actually off by an hour but once it comes online it adjusts for DST (or lack thereof). If Kodi has already started when the clock changes, it currently has no means to adjust the EPG (I believe this has been an open Issue forever). This happens at least twice a year to everyone, but it usually goes away with a Kodi restart.

The addon must report the guide data in UTC (GMT) to Kodi, and tinkering with it is bad idea. It's also, believe it or not, very hard to do properly, it's not as simple as adding/subtracting an hour from the EPG tag, all kinds of things get muffed up. Timers, air dates, repeat indicators, etc. There is actually code in Kodi Matrix that I did that forces addons to provide a date with no time for things like "original air date" since it's effectively impossible to get right.

Maybe knock the Pi off the internet so it can't check/sync the time and see if the entire system becomes off by an hour?

I'm not too knowledgeable about Linux and how it handles time, but this really sounds like what's going on.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Times are basically all UTC when dealing with TV apps and data... typically this is an issue with not only having the correct time set but also having the correct time zone set (including as to whether or not DST/summer time is observed and in some cases will have to make some updates to apply the appropriate patches as to when DST occurs. On occasion, though usually not, I have seen data off a bit here in AZ as the opposite happens since we don't observe DST and our timezone is "always" MST so in the summer our time matches PDT and in the winter our time is still MST but national (cable, subchannels) stations around here typically run on pacific feeds while locals remain mountain... for example H&I and other networks often publish an Arizona grid but that is only valid when we are not on DST and some services have used that to fill our guide for those local AZ channels.

I had a good deal to get tv guide for a couple of years ($7 for 2 years) and they have been pestering me to renew at a higher rate... and I told them I couldn't justify such since in the summer ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, are off an hour as they don't provide local listings (making times not line up in the grid) and in the winter all the channels are off when it comes to actual time.