Numerous Channel freezing and failures

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jeffmurray15

Numerous Channel freezing and failures

Post by jeffmurray15 »

Getting increasingly frustrated with Silicondust. I purchased a 4k tuner to replace an existing hdhomerun duo and one channel (61.1) keeps freezing and crashing. I have opened a ticket, sent all the required information including logs but have heard nothing but crickets. This never happened with my duo so I suspect it’s a hardware issue with my new 4k unit. Firmware is up to date and I’m not getting the issue on other channels. Anyone else have this problem?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Numerous Channel freezing and failures

Post by nickk »

Hi,

I can check the diagnostic logs - what is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

jeffmurray15 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:10 am Getting increasingly frustrated with Silicondust. I purchased a 4k tuner to replace an existing hdhomerun duo and one channel (61.1) keeps freezing and crashing. I have opened a ticket, sent all the required information including logs but have heard nothing but crickets. This never happened with my duo so I suspect it’s a hardware issue with my new 4k unit. Firmware is up to date and I’m not getting the issue on other channels. Anyone else have this problem?
Ticket located, sorry about the slow reply. Looking into it now.

jeffmurray15

Post by jeffmurray15 »

Still freezing and no word from support. I’m thinking something is wrong with this tuner but I’ll I’ve heard is crickets. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous.

jeffmurray15

Post by jeffmurray15 »

Worked fine with a duo. Tell me that this is normal?

https://youtu.be/oZ3j96NkEgo

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

jeffmurray15 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:37 am Worked fine with a duo. Tell me that this is normal?

https://youtu.be/oZ3j96NkEgo
Throughout your diagnostic logs 61.1 shows an average of 70% signal strength and 100% signal quality. Then whenever this happens, signal quality tanks, and the freezing is because the HDHomeRun can't send anymore video because it's no longer receiving that channel. As mentioned in your support ticket, I suspect that this is some kind of intermittent interference, but I'm at a loss as to what might be causing it, especially in a manner that is so selective to just one or two channels.

I will escalate this to our engineer.