Issues with new HDHomerun Prime

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
thompsr2

Issues with new HDHomerun Prime

Post by thompsr2 »

I bought an open box HDHomerun Prime from Amazon. I got a cablecard but couldn't get it to pair. I got a second cablecard that I did successfully pair to the prime and I was able to detect all channels. At rest (no tuners in use) Card OOB Lock displays as success. But when I tune to a channel and actually watch something, the stream will eventually fail after a minute or two and Card OOB status will change to "None." Signal strength is always at or near 100% while signal quality is quite inconsistent. Do these symptoms point to a cable signal issue or a cablecard issue?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Issues with new HDHomerun Prime

Post by NedS »

thompsr2 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:54 pm I bought an open box HDHomerun Prime from Amazon. I got a cablecard but couldn't get it to pair. I got a second cablecard that I did successfully pair to the prime and I was able to detect all channels. At rest (no tuners in use) Card OOB Lock displays as success. But when I tune to a channel and actually watch something, the stream will eventually fail after a minute or two and Card OOB status will change to "None." Signal strength is always at or near 100% while signal quality is quite inconsistent. Do these symptoms point to a cable signal issue or a cablecard issue?
We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

thompsr2

Post by thompsr2 »

Firmware was already up-to-date. All other requested steps have been completed. Device ID is 1324D0A6

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The log confirms you are intermittently losing OOB lock.

Signal levels and signal quality are good. Very odd.

Please file a trouble ticket and we will arrange a replacement.

Nick