New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs - ecf

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs - ecf

Post by nateb »

Hi, I have an LG and DVR is working fine. I have both a regular DVR engine running in Unraid and a Scribe, and both are reporting in the LG device list.

ecf

Post by ecf »

OK, I've done some more testing (including with an old C6) and have more information on what's going on.

We have a Technicolor CFRG300 router, and a Technicolor GFEX310 Easymesh extender. We do not have a choice of equipment with our Internet service.

The Linux box running RECORD is connected to the CFRG300 via Ethernet. Our Connect 4K is connected to the GFEX310 via Ethernet. Both can see each other without issue, and there is no issue connecting to either reliably using Android, iOS or macOS. The LG TVs will connect reliably to the Connect 4K.

However, the LG TVs will not detect and connect to the RECORD box when they are connected via Wi-Fi to the GFEX310 extender. They will only detect the RECORD box when they are connected via Wi-Fi to the CFRG300.

We have limited access to these devices via the ISP's portal, and there do not appear to be any settings we can change that can improve things.

Can anything be done here?

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Contact your ISP. It sounds like they are firewalling the ethernet from the Wi-Fi on the extender. Which is absolutely bizarre.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

It could be that it is not passing multicast traffic. This may be a configuration setting.

Nick