Recorded Shows not showing under Recorded

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
scheibach

Recorded Shows not showing under Recorded

Post by scheibach »

I had been saving my recordings to a network share and just switch to a local folder. Since then the recorded shows no longer show up under Recorded. They are still in tasks and are actually recorded. I can find them in the recorded folder but nothing shows under Recorded. I have uninstalled and reinstall the the player and DVR software. I also removed all the tasks and re added them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Recorded Shows not showing under Recorded

Post by signcarver »

Where is the engine, and where is the client? Only local storage (to the engine) is allowed so am confused by you saying you were recording to a network share.

It sounds like perhaps you moved from the engine being on the nas to the engine being on the same client pc... which sounds like you need to run the loopback fix.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

scheibach wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 pm I had been saving my recordings to a network share and just switch to a local folder. Since then the recorded shows no longer show up under Recorded. They are still in tasks and are actually recorded. I can find them in the recorded folder but nothing shows under Recorded. I have uninstalled and reinstall the the player and DVR software. I also removed all the tasks and re added them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Looks like a Windows DVR? Have you tried the loopback fix?

https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:tro ... t_find_dvr

scheibach

Post by scheibach »

Yes windows DVR. The loopback fix didn't work. I was recording to a windows share on another computer. It was allowed when I set it up apparently. I never had it on the NAS. I have 2 windows machines both were recording to the same folder on the one machine. I want them now to each record locally. It now seems it has gone back to recording to the remote share again. Still can't see the recordings under Recorded. The DVR tab in setup is set to record locally.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

You MUST record locally (from engines perspective). If you have 2 DVR engines, only one records (the one with most space, only one engine recording started a few tears ago). Some may go through hoops to try to force recording to remote shares but such can cause recordings to not show up after you get a "few" files/folders and that is why SD prevents people from doing such (and has pretty well prevented such for about 5 years and has warned against such since about the 3rd month after first delivery of the software to the ks supporters)

Any other 3rd party security/firewall on that pc.

scheibach

Post by scheibach »

No 3rd party security or firewalls but I think the problem is didn't uninstall the engine on the other PC and that one does have more disk space. I'll try that. I'll probably just uninstall everything and start from scratch on both PCs.

Thanks.