App Closes During commercials

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Ctdbq

App Closes During commercials

Post by Ctdbq »

for the past few months. I have been Kicked out of the app during some commercials ( once per half hour). I think it is during the local commercials added while watching cable channels as I don't see it happen on our locals ( cbs,nbc, abc,fox). if I try to re launch the apps it does a quick close. but if I wait 30 ish seconds for the commercial to end then the app opens. this also affects recordings where if I play the recording it will close the app when the bad commercial starts and I have to guess right and fast forward at the right time to watch the whole show or movie. if I try to play the recording in VLC it will error out and close vlc at the time of the bad commercial as well. I have the app on 3 android tv devices ( 2 shields, 1 jet stream) and 2 android phones. all have seen the issue

Model: HDHR3-CC
Device ID: 131F9C45
Firmware: 20210624
channels are not listed as DRM that are effected
cable company = mediacom

any insights would be greatly appreciated

nickk
Silicondust

Re: App Closes During commercials

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Do you have a recording that results in the app / vlc crash?

If yes, can you please upload to site like Google Drive and then PM me the share link. We will test here.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Thanks for the sample recording. Roughly what timestamp through the recording due to see the crash?

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Found it. Crashes on Android. Plays ok on Windows 10. Investigating...

Ctdbq

Post by Ctdbq »

Thanks for looking into it

Ctdbq

Post by Ctdbq »

nickk
Were you able to come up with any conclusions on this for it to work with android?