Windows 10 HDHomeRun app has stopped working

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
cqcq42

Windows 10 HDHomeRun app has stopped working

Post by cqcq42 »

Still working on iOS (v 20210722 (UI) (beta) and Android (v 29=0210728(App)/20210722 (UI) (beta).
On Windows 10, the logo briefly appears, but no device scan runs and the screen remains black.
Device web page accessed from the Network folder does not show any problems, neither does hdhomerun_config_gui.exe or hdhomerun_setup.exe.
my.hdhomerun page identifies my Prime device, version 20210624 and the number of selected channels on my CableCard Menu (with green check marks), but the RECORD side has a red X with version 20200907.
Record engine on my WD MyCloud is operating normally.
Windows 10 Pro v21H1, build 19043.1110

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Windows 10 HDHomeRun app has stopped working

Post by nickk »

To upgrade the record engine run HDHomeRun Setup on a Windows machine and go through the NAS Install step again on the DVR tab.

Win 10 app - if you click on the black screen does the on screen display show?

Nick

cqcq42

Re: Windows 10 HDHomeRun app has stopped working

Post by cqcq42 »

Clicking on the black screen did nothing.
After running the NAS Install again, my.hdhomerun.com indicated RECORD was OK.
That also fixed the problem with the app.

The problem may have been triggered by an upgrade and it seems to me there is still some work to be done here.
The UI upgrades seem to work pretty transparently, but firmware can be problematic. When I have any problems with the app, I generally check for updates by opening the web page for my Prime since that clearly indicates an update is available. Seems easier than finding and running the check for updates exe. Even easier may be a notification in the app.

That said, the HDHomeRun universe is looking very good and I can't say I have any complaints (but I still would prefer a denser, text-based guide which would also display tuner conflicts since there is no warning currently).