CONNECT DUO requires frequent restarts

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Josh S

CONNECT DUO requires frequent restarts

Post by Josh S »

Hi, I have noticed that have to frequently restart my connect Duo. I have had the device for about 6 months. I have noticed it works fine for about a month and then the quality of the stream starts to degrade. It starts hitching and getting pixelated. The first time it happened I thought it was a software issue (I am using plex), and after trouble shooting for days thinking it was a Plex issue, I finally figured out I just needed to restart the HD Homerun. It worked fine for a few weeks and then it started to happen again. I pulled the plug to restart it and its working fine again.

1. Is this normal?
2. Is there a way to do a remote restart of the device? I can use a VPN and remote connect to my home network, but I don't see a way to restart the device from the control panel.

Thanks for the help!

nickk
Silicondust

Re: CONNECT DUO requires frequent restarts

Post by nickk »

No that isn't normal.

Can you please turn on "send diagnostic information" on the device webpage, System menu, then reply back with the Device ID.

Nick

Josh S

Post by Josh S »

Here is my Device ID: 10693945

I did just restart the device yesterday so it hopefully is working fine right now. The problem I was having the first time when it got really bad before I figured out I needed to restart the connect Duo was it would skip about every 5 seconds like clockwork. It did this on Plex and the HD Homerun program. It did seem to get worse and worse as time when by. It got very regular before I figured out what the problem was.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Your viewing/recording of 24.1 is failing badly with reception errors.

Josh S

Post by Josh S »

Yeah that channel is kinda weak but I'm watching the Olympics on it. I've been learning a lot on this forum already. I had no idea what all the different strength meters were before yesterday.

Josh S

Post by Josh S »

So it's been a little over a month now and I am having to same problem as before. Every four seconds or so the stream becomes pixelated and the sound pauses for a moment. It's very consistent as far as the timing approximately every 4 seconds Non-Stop.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Problems that have consistent timing are often the result of some electronic device doing something on that particular schedule that is generating enough noise to interfere with the signal. I'd troubleshoot by unplugging things until the problem stops. The most likely candidates are anything that sends or receives signals, anything that converts electricity into motion, and LED and fluorescent lights, but it could be anything. My thermostat causes channels to glitch every time when it clicks on and off.