no channels found - BENCNET

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
BENCNET@GMAIL.COM

no channels found - BENCNET

Post by BENCNET@GMAIL.COM »

Hi I have the same issue starting yesterday. The HDHomeRun software ran normally 2 times about the 50 times I've launched it since then (I've been using it for about 5 years without issue). The HDHomeRun app says I have no channels. I can still stream from VLC and PLEX, but the HDHomeRun app (which I prefer) doesn't detect any channels. When I go to my.hdhomerun.com it says I have 56 channels, and the setup software detects 56 channels, and so does PLEX. I tried on my android phone and same issue. I have tried reinstalling everything related to silicondust and HDHomeRun, including manually deleting all registry entries. Still no joy. Pls help
PS I bought a CONNECT QUATRO HDHR5-4DT(AU)-R and a PVR subscription, so really hoping it won't affect my new product also.

BENCNET@GMAIL.COM

Re: no channels found

This does appear to be a software issue. I have 3 hdhomeruns now (My new quatro arrived yesterday) and they all exhibit this problem of the hdhomerun app not finding channels most of the time. Sometimes it does work, but rarely. And it only just started happening, maybe an auto update broke it for me?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: no channels found

Post by NedS »

BENCNET@GMAIL.COM wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 pm This does appear to be a software issue. I have 3 hdhomeruns now (My new quatro arrived yesterday) and they all exhibit this problem of the hdhomerun app not finding channels most of the time. Sometimes it does work, but rarely. And it only just started happening, maybe an auto update broke it for me?
We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

BENCNET@GMAIL.COM

Re: no channels found - BENCNET

I did the channel scan and here are the details of one of my devices (the others aren't connected right now)
Model: HDHR5-4DT
Device ID: 1252CEED
Firmware: 20210624