Can not setup new task from Discover. There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
cqaigy

Can not setup new task from Discover. There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out.

Post by cqaigy »

Can not set up new task from Discover tab

Went to Discover and try and set up a task to record a show and get this message. "There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out." My device ID is 1043f558. I just updated firmware on both the Connect and DVR. I've rebooted Connect and DVR after receiving the message the first time.

How i repeat the error.

Go to Discover, select TV show, the icon gets larger and a blue band show at the bottom of the icon. Nothing happens until i select another show icon, then get the error message "There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out."

I had early features turned on and send diagnostic data. I just turned early features off and it's rebooting. now im taking a drink of coffee. :D

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Can not setup new task from Discover. There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out.

Post by NedS »

Lots of intermittent DNS errors in the logs. It eventually works, which is the only way we can see the diagnostic logs, but likely fails when it isn't able to make the connection to our guide/DVR server. I will see what I can find out about this.

cqaigy

Re: Can not setup new task from Discover. There was an error while retrieving episode data request timed out.

Post by cqaigy »

My Internet is pretty poor, like it's a good day if it gets up to1Mb.