Xbox One S app feels sluggish

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Bmxerbray
Device ID: 13115BF5, 1325FEAA

Xbox One S app feels sluggish

Post by Bmxerbray »

The app on Xbox one s seems to be a little sluggish.. Also channels appear to come in a little slower

emg60060

Re: Xbox One S app feels sluggish

Post by emg60060 »

I agree. It seems like the Win10 interface is very responsive when entering channel numbers while watching live TV, but XBox (Talon remote) seems quite a bit slower to me too.

Xyst

Post by Xyst »

Just wanted to chime in that I have had the same issue recently. Not sure what changed but the UI is no longer snappy and at times painful to use.

mja11892

Post by mja11892 »

I’m running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. The guide is very slow and laggy on the One X. But it’s very responsive on the Series X. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but both consoles are having video stuttering issues and/or dropping frames. It’s nearly unwatchable during sporting events. Both consoles are connect to an Ethernet wire.

Bmxerbray
Device ID: 13115BF5, 1325FEAA

Post by Bmxerbray »

Try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz_9ungpuq8
It seemed to work for the flickering

mja11892

Post by mja11892 »

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately it’s only the hdhomerun app that is stuttering on both consoles. I tried all different settings. I also tried the plex app last night, no stuttering but the feed would buffer every 10-20 seconds. Overall plex did have a better picture on both consoles. I would also like to mention that I use both, the hdhomerun app and plex app on my iphone. With no issues of stuttering on the hdhomerun app and buffering on the plex app; perfect picture. I thought maybe it was my network set up. But reading different forums on different devices having the stuttering issues I’m concluding it has something to do with app and needs an update.

mja11892

Post by mja11892 »

I’m using hdhomerun prime with xfinity cable card