Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by signcarver »

There is no issue setting it to 0... what you are seeing is that when a parameter is set to 0 it isn't sent as part of the json... when it is the default of 30 it will still inform you that it is 30 even if you didn't send that parameter when you created or changed the rule.

Long ago, one could set up a ChannelOnly rule and could actually reset it with a channel of 0... they then changed that behavior and if the channelOnly was set to 0 it wouldn't give you that it was set to 0 but then only present it to the engine if the show was actually on channel 0 so I had to redo my scripts to reset such rules that previously worked.

In other words when setting the rule up not providing padding will set such to 30s but the response of the rule will have 30... if there isn't such field in the response, the value is 0 (not the "default" of 30s)

Edit: just so there isn't confusion, I am referring to the backend, not what is happening with how things get set with kodi/thus add on... I do believe 0 seconds (SD now calls this on time in their app) needs to be an option especially for those with only a duo.
Last edited by signcarver on Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

I see the 30 second padding in the SD app when I adjust the padding to zero. I'd probably just leave it alone since it's been like that for 4 years.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

Thanks signcarver! Live and learn! I confirmed this by snooping the HDHomeRun app :) Sorry for my incorrectness, FoodLioon <hangs head in shame and disgrace>

This explains why FoodLioon has some that start with no padding and some that start with 30, all along I've assumed a lack of XXPadding was 30, so there is going to be a disconnect between creating new rules and editing them.

I'm changing my mind on all this, FoodLioon what version (Leia/Matrix) and platform are you using, and would you be willing to test out a beta build for me to see if it aligns with your expectations?

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

Sure, I can test a beta release.

I'm using 19.1 on the FireStick 4K.
Addon: zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-android-arm-matrix-4.5.1.7769

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Here are you, FoodLioon ... let's see if this sticks for ya!

Build 7814 - v4.5.2~beta1 (Matrix)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.35.5
  • Prevent recording rule padding values from exceeding specified limits (1 hour for start padding, 3 hours for end padding)
  • Fix bug that incorrectly set recording rule padding values to 30 seconds instead of zero seconds when specified as "0 min" in Kodi
  • Fix "Unable to resolve timer type" errors reported in Kodi log when adding recording rules due to missing timer capabilities flag
This is all about that padding, for now :) There is a cURL update coming out in a couple days and I haven't updated UWP to 19.1 yet (doing that tonight).

Prevent recording rule padding values from exceeding specified limits (1 hour for start padding, 3 hours for end padding)
While looking into the reported zero padding concern I noted that the API documentation was updated at some point (perhaps years ago) to indicate that there are maximums for the start and end padding values, this just prevents the addon from going outside of those maximums.

Fix bug that incorrectly set recording rule padding values to 30 seconds instead of zero seconds when specified as "0 min" in Kodi
First off, thanks to FoodLioon and signcarver for noting such a long standing concern and explaining what I screwed up, respectively. There were a couple errors here:
  • When adding or modifying a timer rule, the addon was unnecessarily translating "0 min" in Kodi to mean "30 seconds" to the backend
  • The addon incorrectly translated a lack of start or end padding tags on the backend recording rule to mean "30 seconds" (but that still translated to "0 min" in Kodi)
Note that to fix an existing timer rule to truly be "0 min" in Kodi you will need to edit them in some manner. Changing the start and end padding to something other than "0 min", saving it, then going back in and changing them back to "0 min" should reset them to have no padding at all rather than 30 seconds.

Fix "Unable to resolve timer type" errors reported in Kodi log when adding recording rules due to missing timer capabilities flag
This was a Kodi log error that I noted while testing the above changes; I wasn't specifying that my timer rules require a "series link", but they do. I don't expect anyone to see any difference whatsoever here, other than that error won't be in the logs.

Downloads (OneDrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-jJt5lUi ... Q?e=cnPCNy

The downloads are Matrix only, but the changes themselves will also be in Leia build v3.5.2 when the time comes.

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

The beta seems good so far!

I tried with some different paddings- 0,1,3,5 minutes and 1 hour and they all matched up in the HDHR app.

I'll report back if I see anything after a few days of use.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FoodLioon wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:43 pm The beta seems good so far!

I tried with some different paddings- 0,1,3,5 minutes and 1 hour and they all matched up in the HDHR app.

I'll report back if I see anything after a few days of use.
Glad to hear it, sorry I occasionally need to be beaten over the head to "get it" :)

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Build 7817 - v3.5.2 / v4.5.2 (2021.05.27)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.35.5
  • Update cURL library to version 7.77.0
  • Prevent recording rule padding values from exceeding specified limits (1 hour for start padding, 3 hours for end padding)
  • Fix bug that incorrectly set recording rule padding values to 30 seconds instead of zero seconds when specified as "0 min" in Kodi
  • (Matrix) Fix "Unable to resolve timer type" errors reported in Kodi log when adding recording rules due to missing timer capabilities flag
  • Apply channel logo image associated with a recording as the icon for that recording when available
Release Notes: Downloads:

jenga

Post by jenga »

djp952 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:26 pm Hello Krypton, good to see you again ...

CAUTION: THIS RELEASE IS FOR KODI 17 "KRYPTON" ONLY

Version 3.1.2 (2020.07.06)- For Kodi 17.x "Krypton" only
  • Backport: Adapt to HDHomeRun RECORD engine 20200318 breaking changes
  • Backport: Fix bug that could cause HTTP 416 when seeking on a Recorded TV stream that has switched from in-progress to fully recorded
This is a one-off release specifically intended to resolve critical changes to the addon that have occurred since ending support for this platform so that the folks that are still using Krypton may continue to do so for a while longer. While at this point I suggest an upgrade to Kodi 18 "Leia", I recognize that there are performance issues there for many devices and I promised to backport critical changes to Krypton if asked to do so. I was asked to do so, so I went through the changelog since ending Krypton support in January and found the listed two items as the only ones that should be deemed "critical" enough for a back port.

Auto-update support was not available for releases prior to Kodi 18 "Leia", so the addon will need to be manually downloaded/installed as it always has been for this target platform. For Android users running Krypton, please note that I supply an alternate .APK file for you to be able to use this, you will need to perform an upgrade from the v3.1.1 APK to utilize this. (This process is no longer needed for Kodi 18 "Leia" and/or Kodi 19 "Matrix")

Downloads (KODI 17 KRYPTON ONLY):
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton
Thanks for the release! Is there a reason why it requires MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS permission compared to the 16.1?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

jenga wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm Thanks for the release! Is there a reason why it requires MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS permission compared to the 16.1?
Hmmm... it looks like it was added to support "AMLogic HD Audio" back in 2016: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/62c ... d4443df3bc

sillywabbit

Post by sillywabbit »

I’ve recently subscribed to a vpn service and installed the program on a raspberry pi 4 running Raspberry OS. Now within Kodi the unofficial TV addon (the one being discussed in this thread) won’t work. I get an error that openstream (something to that effect; I don’t recall exactly) isn’t detected. So I uninstalled the addon and when trying to reinstall I get an error that no HDHomeRun tuners can be detected. The addon worked fine before installing the vpn service. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

sillywabbit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:31 am I’ve recently subscribed to a vpn service and installed the program on a raspberry pi 4 running Raspberry OS. Now within Kodi the unofficial TV addon (the one being discussed in this thread) won’t work. I get an error that openstream (something to that effect; I don’t recall exactly) isn’t detected. So I uninstalled the addon and when trying to reinstall I get an error that no HDHomeRun tuners can be detected. The addon worked fine before installing the vpn service. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Can you even ping the HDHomeRun device(s) from the Pi anymore? Discovery typically requires the HDHomeRun(s) to be on the same subnet as the client since it's done via UDP, however actually accessing the device streams is done over normal old IPv4 HTTP and should route across subnets fine.

Without having knowledge of the VPN service (which I won't, sorry, don't use one) and what configuration options you may have available on the client (Pi) site you may be out of luck. With something like Cisco's corporate VPN software, once it's active you aren't going to be able to access resources on your local network anymore.

If you can get to a point where you can ping the HDHomeRun(s), that will probably get you 95% of the way there. If the devices themselves are still able to contact SiliconDust there is an option to use HTTP discovery if UDP remains an issue.

Again, not knowing how this VPN is set up (just on the Pi, on your router, etc), you might want to check if the devices are still able to "phone home" right now, just browse to https://my.hdhomerun.com and see if they show up there.

One option you might be able to consider as well would be to multi-home the Pi. Have one network connection for the Internet/VPN and another one for your local network.

Short version (from me, maybe somebody else has a better idea/plan for you) is that you need to make sure you have a route to the HDHomeRun devices from the Pi, it sounds like this VPN service has cut that off.

sillywabbit

Post by sillywabbit »

Should have added this in my original post. The official HDHomeRun addon from the Kodi repository detects the tuners and works just fine. And oh I had whitelisted my local network. So I can access my network shares when connected to the vpn service. When I get home I’ll try pinging the devices. I appreciate your help.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

The official addon should only uses udp broadcast discovery... this addon can be set to use http discovery which requires the client to connect to the internet from same public ip as the tuners which it usually won't when using a VPN. Double check that setting.

sillywabbit

Post by sillywabbit »

When I check my IP address I get a different public address from the one my isp assigns me and my vpn says connected. But I’ll check again. Appreciate your help.