Can anyone read the FULL description in movies?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
bellbuoy

Can anyone read the FULL description in movies?

Post by bellbuoy »

When clicking on a movie thumbnail, a dialog box appears with the description of the movie. For me, 95% of the time the description is too long to fit in the box so the last part can not be read. That is important because the very last thing in the dialog is a movie rating, like this (3.5/4.0). That means the movie is rated three and one half on a scale of one to four. I find that they are very good indicators of whether or not what you record will be a stinker. I have created a trouble ticket on this but to no avail. I am wondering if that may be because I am the only one experiencing this. Can everyone else read the entire description in their movies???
Steve

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Can anyone read the FULL description in movies?

Post by nickk »

Agreed.

We had a quick internal discussion and kicked off adding the star rating to the UI as a separate entity.

Pretty good chance it will make the beta ("early access to new features") later this week.

Nick

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

nickk wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 pm Agreed.

We had a quick internal discussion and kicked off adding the star rating to the UI as a separate entity.

Pretty good chance it will make the beta ("early access to new features") later this week.

Nick
Is the root issue of being unable to view the full description going to be part of the beta, or just adding a new UI element for the rating? If not the former, any reason why? Is there a workaround?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Star rating added to the discover episodes view and recorded episodes view - please turn on "early access to new features" in the app settings to see the new feature.

Nick

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

rpcameron wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:18 am Is the root issue of being unable to view the full description going to be part of the beta, or just adding a new UI element for the rating? If not the former, any reason why? Is there a workaround?
Just the rating for now.

Possible idea for viewing the full description would be to make the description area a "button" that can be selected and pop open a larger/scrollable window to read the longer description. Would something like that work for you?

Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Post by Bobstr »

NedS wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:49 pm
rpcameron wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:18 am Is the root issue of being unable to view the full description going to be part of the beta, or just adding a new UI element for the rating? If not the former, any reason why? Is there a workaround?
Just the rating for now.

Possible idea for viewing the full description would be to make the description area a "button" that can be selected and pop open a larger/scrollable window to read the longer description. Would something like that work for you?
To add my two cents...

The current showing of the description (kept as is) + an added button to open a larger / scrollable window for the long descriptions would be a great addition.

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

As long as there's some way to view the full text, that's all that matters. Selecting the truncated text to display a larger popup/modal with the full text follows the UX that most other software uses, so would probably be the easiest understood. (Ending the truncated text with an ellipsis indicator also seems to be the norm, too.)0