Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

toricred6 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:04 am I'm using this add-on with Matrix Beta 1 and I've noticed a problem, but I'm not sure if it's the add-on, Kodi, or a permissions issue. I like to change the channel order so all the networks are at the top of the guide and this works great, but every time I exit Kodi and restart it the channels revert to their original order. I have checked and it's not the use backend order since that stays disabled. Where is this setting held so I can make sure the user running the application has permissions? I am running as an administrator, but that might not be enough.
Insofar as I know that option is the only way to control this. I just tried on both Leia and Matrix. Works fine on Leia, but not on Matrix.

This is most likely just a small issue with Kodi Matrix, they redid a lot of the PVR stuff behind the scenes for this release this is likely just something that was missed. It won't be permissions or anything like that, the channel order is stored in the Kodi database.

I think your best bet right now would be to open an Issue with Kodi so they can track it down and fix it for you in time for the next Matrix beta.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

Thank you. Submitted on the forum.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

toricred6 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:49 pm Thank you. Submitted on the forum.
Let me know if it doesn't get any traction, while I've come to not really enjoy the experience, I can have a look and suggest a fix/Pull Request for them as well. In this case I do think it will be something quick and easy for them to take care of.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

I found the problem. If the setting to synchronize groups with the backend is turned on this is a problem. If turned off it works fine.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

On one of my clients I see colors in the guide for genres, but not on my main client. I can't seem to find where to turn them on as I'd really like to have them. Any ideas where that is?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

toricred6 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:52 pm On one of my clients I see colors in the guide for genres, but not on my main client. I can't seem to find where to turn them on as I'd really like to have them. Any ideas where that is?
Did you turn on "Use backend genre string(s) in Electronic Program Guide (EPG)" in the addon's Interfacesettings? That will disable the colors. In order to get the colors, the PVR has to use a numeric code rather than a string, which I do my best to map out. Turning that option on sends the genre string from the HDHomeRun backend into Kodi instead of the code, which nukes the colors.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

I'm not seeing that setting. It's in the Interface menu?

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't realize you meant under configure for the add-on. It's working now. Thanks.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Alright gang, it looks like there will be one more update this year. There are no expected code changes, this will be a (final?) 2020 'catch-up' release to update the project dependencies and formally align with the newly minted Matrix Beta 2 build. I could probably build/send it out tonight, but Team Kodi fixed the UWP crash problem just one commit too late to make it into Beta 2, so I'm going to wait for that to become available, and cURL is due to be updated on Wednesday. So I'm shooting for Wednesday or Thursday as the last hurrah this year.

On Matrix, I also reverted the minimum Android version back to 5.0 (API 21). I had misinterpreted Kodi's bump to Android 9.0 (API 28) and should not have followed suit. This became apparent when I decided to try Matrix Beta 2 on a FireStick 4K and the addon wouldn't even load :) Short version: seems to work way better than Leia does on this device, but still not your best bet for a daily Kodi driver IMO. Will also report on the new FireStick Lite (2020) at some point, I bought two of those so I can play with the spare. For Kodi I anticipate similar, if not identical, results. nVidia Shield still seems to me like the best possible Android+Kodi solution for daily use.

So .. for Leia, all that is planned is a dependency bump that should have little to no effect whatsoever. For Matrix, there should finally be a functional UWP build for both Windows x64 and Windows ARM as well as allowing it to function on Android versions older than 9.0 (Pie).

I'm dying to find out if anyone here has a legit Windows ARM device to test this on. I made the mistake of installing Windows 10 ARM on a Raspberry Pi 3B just to try this out. It takes 53 minutes to boot -- I can't wait to see if Kodi will even install let alone function on this thing :mrgreen:

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

Matrix beta seems to work well on my FireStick 4K and Fire HD Tablet.
The FireStick Lite sounds interesting. It's cheap enough just to get another remote. I like to pair the FireStick remotes with my tablet, makes navigating Kodi much easier.

cat6man

Post by cat6man »

long time hdhr user, first time Kodi user here.

i just installed the unofficial matrix kodi client on a nvidia shield, looks good of the bat.
nice work.

i have one issue regarding channel numbering.
for my fios system, i see channel 502 as HD for local CBS.
i get 502 both with official hdhr app and with SageTV.

however, with this Kodi app, i see it listed as 562

i am running a hdhr-prime with cable card for fios channels.
i also recently added a hdhr-4k OTA tuner

thanks

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

cat6man wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:50 am i have one issue regarding channel numbering.
for my fios system, i see channel 502 as HD for local CBS.
i get 502 both with official hdhr app and with SageTV.

however, with this Kodi app, i see it listed as 562
Is it only channel 502 that is wrong? If all of your channel numbers are off check Kodi settings> PVR & Live TV> General and make sure the "Use channel numbers from backend" setting is enabled.

cat6man

Post by cat6man »

it's all the fios channels that have funny numbers.

i have both synchronize channels with backend and use channel order from backend enabled (they were the defaults)

i tired clearing the data but that didn't help either.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

cat6man wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 am it's all the fios channels that have funny numbers.

i have both synchronize channels with backend and use channel order from backend enabled (they were the defaults)

You might need to change the settings level to expert (gear icon at bottom of left column) to see the "Use channel numbers from backend" setting.

cat6man

Post by cat6man »

the option you mention did not show up here, until i first selected 'enable channels from multiple backends', then it showed up and i could select it.
now the OTA channels show up as 2.1, etc and the cable channels show HD starting at 502

thanks for the help!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am
cat6man wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 am it's all the fios channels that have funny numbers.

You might need to change the settings level to expert (gear icon at bottom of left column) to see the "Use channel numbers from backend" setting.
Yup. This :) Only thing to add is that if you have multiple PVR clients installed in Kodi, this setting won't do anything. I added an alternative method to get the real channel number for folks that fall into this category. Go into the addon settings (Addons / My Addons / PVR Clients / HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client / Configure), and there is an Interface category. If you turn on Prepend channel numbers to channel names, the channel number will become part of the name. For example for my Kodi channel 38 I would see "38 511 WBAL-DT" instead of "38 WBAL-DT". (It looks better than you'd think based on this - lol)