Thinking of Returning my new quattro

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ali.the4kings

Thinking of Returning my new quattro

Post by ali.the4kings »

I have a new quattro (latest Firmware) + DVR subscription, good reception, network fine (homeplug 1200mb to router), Xiaomi MIBox 5 (latest firmware) in same room as router, 3 android phones and 3 Win 10 PC's/Laptops.
All can use HDHomeRun app but....

Really is there no way to reorder channels in HDHomerun app, e.g., All BBC, then All ITV, etc...?
Android install instructions for Android just don't seem right - the whole '...just install the app and change the DVR setting to on...' it is not changable in any app, Android TV/MiBox or phone or pc.
The Live Channels - works most of the time - but only 1 day guide and cannot record using HDHR DVR.
The only EPG for each channel is just a gap in my opinion - and yes have read the post saying it is better etc - why not just have both, channel slicer/slider plus full page - it is just what people expect
The MiBox seems to lose network tuner frequently - even tho - other devices can still access live tv.
HD channels are a bit of a struggle - can be choppy/pixelated and have sync issues.

I really want this to work, but can never see it being 'partner-proof'

p.s., have done many searches and been thru many posts - but can't see any of the above answered
Any help, greatly appreciated - before I give up and head to the post office....

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: Thinking of Returning my new quattro

Post by GetMatt »

[removed by moderator to focus on tech support]

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

kinda why I'm disappointed - know this is the right hardware profile/style at least - network tuner x 4
absolutely chasing the multi-room 'experience' - just surprised it is still as raw/rough round the edges as when I first heard of it many years ago.

Will have a look at the suggestion tho - ta

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Hi,

You shouldn't be seeing the issues you describe. Happy to help.

First, do you have a DVR subscription or are you using the 24 hour live TV guide?

Choppy/pixelated/sync issues - please enable "send diagnostic information" in the Settings menu of the HDHomeRun app then post back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick

bruiserker

Post by bruiserker »

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

nickk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm Hi,

You shouldn't be seeing the issues you describe. Happy to help.

First, do you have a DVR subscription or are you using the 24 hour live TV guide?

Choppy/pixelated/sync issues - please enable "send diagnostic information" in the Settings menu of the HDHomeRun app then post back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick
Yes I have DVR subs and choppy playback, normally followed by can't find network tuner happens on both Live Channels and HDHomerun app native.
I can record programmes (altho another UI issue there - great it shows me all the channels that a programme might be on, but no channel names or logos etc)
Send diagnostics already switched on according to my.hdhomerun.com/../system.html
Device Id = 1252187F

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

Lost patience - it's just not ready for prime time.
Couldn't even record and playack SD programme without skips/chops/or a/v sync issues.

Return process inititated.

shame

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Thank you for turning on sending diagnostic information.

The good news - your reception is perfect.

The problem - you have a Windows machine configured for DVR recording to "D:" but the write speed of that drive is around 1MB/s.

This is too slow for video. When you go to watch live TV or when the DVR goes to make a recording the video is arriving faster than this drive can store it.

Replacing the drive or pointing the DVR record location to a modern / high speed disk will fix the problem.

Nick

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

Thanks for the response Nick. As per email, I have re-config'd DVR setup to SATA SSD - can you have another look at diagnostics?
Also - would really appreciate your views on what other products I would need to get:
- re-ordering of channels,
- channel logo's
- full page EPG (that I can request record from)

ta

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

I did a spot check of channel logos and channel logos are being provided for the channels I checked.

Can you please post a screenshot showing what you are seeing with regards to missing channel logos.

Nick

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

Thanks for the reply - but can close this now - as I've given up and gone for return and refund.

Lack of full page guide is a deal breaker for me. Tried Kodi, NextPVR in conjunction and they are all just too much work and will still never be partner proof.
re channel logo's - specifically on the record a programme page - where you get a list of channel numbers only - I can;t remember the programme, but current series and episode I was trying to record also offered me the HD channel, the +1 channel, a repeat channel and a repeast +1 channel - all with just numbers!

Anyway - thanks again for the replies

ali.the4kings

Re: Thinking of Returning my new quattro - where is my refund

Post by ali.the4kings »

Really disappointed that despite returning this item, providing confirmation of receipt and 6 emails I have had no response nor refund

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Thinking of Returning my new quattro - where is my refund

Post by nickk »

ali.the4kings wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:49 am Really disappointed that despite returning this item, providing confirmation of receipt and 6 emails I have had no response nor refund
Happy to help - what is your ticket number?

ali.the4kings

Post by ali.the4kings »

thanks - #140365