airtv mini 4k dongle still no fix?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Bkfinest

airtv mini 4k dongle still no fix?

Post by Bkfinest »

hey, I've been patiently waiting for months. still no fix. I've requested the toggle switch for hardware/software deinterlacing option for months. This is the reason I've requested it so that I don't have to bother. Am tired of bothering for something that I shouldn't have to. I have to TVs that I cannot watch live tv and rely on YouTube and Netflix because you guys have not fixed the issue. watching live tv is not possible on these 2 tvs because channels view choppy and weird. and you said you were fixing it and that didn't forget about me and have not fixed it till this date, how can you forget? please either fix it or add toggle switch so that I don't have to bother

Bkfinest

Re: airtv mini 4k dongle still no fix?

Post by Bkfinest »

bump

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I think this got lost in the shuffle. For a while there was an idea for a system that would allow us to toggle this either individually for customers or even for whole platforms/devices/regions, and be able to do this without waiting for an app update. However, with all the development projects going on (mainly ATSC 3.0 related stuff), such a system isn't going to be ready soon.

Of course, none of this would be an issue if the manufacturers of these devices would fix their MPEG2 hardware decoding.

I will try and push for some kind of toggle. I have to convince the boss, so we'll see.

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

hey thanks for the reply, i mean i need a fix a temp one is fine at the moment. problem is the i have 2 tvs that rely on this device and cant watch tv on them. please help otherwise am out of tv?

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

Get couple of Chromecast with Google TV. They are cheap ($49) and don't have to worry about this kind of problem.

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

anyword from jefe? (boss)? i am in no position of buying new devices and really need to use these tvs. kids are home all day. this the reason i purchased hdhomerun to save money not to keep purchasing devices that may not work