Percent or dBm?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
xxiii

Percent or dBm?

Post by xxiii »

I've noticed in config gui that sometimes values are reported in dBm, and sometimes in percent. Is this controllable? or could it just display both (I find both versions useful)

it appears my Extend always uses percent, while the connect 4k uses dBm, except for atsc 3.0, where it uses percent. Is this a function of the config gui, or is the hardware reporting the values this way?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Percent or dBm?

Post by nickk »

If you have a unit with DEV features enabled the signal strength and quality is reported in dBm/dBmV/dB values.

It looks like there is a bug in HDHomeRun Config GUI reporting dBm in ATSC3 mode... it will be fixed in the next release.

Nick

xxiii

Post by xxiii »

I do have a dev unit, so I guess its having the opposite issue,

I'm getting dBm on standard channels, and percentages on 3.0 channels. (well, channel).

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

xxiii wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:50 pm I do have a dev unit, so I guess its having the opposite issue,

I'm getting dBm on standard channels, and percentages on 3.0 channels. (well, channel).
The HDHomeRun is outputting both percent and dBm. The bug is in the HDHomeRun GUI app displaying percent rather than dBm for ATSC 3 channels.

The bug has been fixed and will be in the next release.

Nick