Prefer ATSC 3.0 Tuner ?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
EddieP

Prefer ATSC 3.0 Tuner ?

Post by EddieP »

What is the best way to make the HDHomeRun APP prefer the 4K tuner it keeps using my other connects ... Also I seem to notice that it weakens the signal on other tuners that are on the same splitter.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Prefer ATSC 3.0 Tuner ?

Post by NedS »

There is no user configurable option to choose which HDHomeRun device is used first when using the HDHomeRun app. At the moment it will use the lowest numbered device ID, then once it gets to the QUATRO 4K it will first use tuner 2 and 3 if it's ATSC 1. It will only use tuners 0 and 1 if all other ATSC tuners are already used, or if the broadcast is in ATSC 3.0.

EddieP

Re: Prefer ATSC 3.0 Tuner ?

Post by EddieP »

NedS wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:55 pm There is no user configurable option to choose which HDHomeRun device is used first when using the HDHomeRun app. At the moment it will use the lowest numbered device ID, then once it gets to the QUATRO 4K it will first use tuner 2 and 3 if it's ATSC 1. It will only use tuners 0 and 1 if all other ATSC tuners are already used, or if the broadcast is in ATSC 3.0.
OK for testing on the HDHomeRun APP I am SOL... As I cannot start favoring and disabling channels just to test ASTC 3.0. Have other users in my household that use other APPS. Other Apps have trouble with it so I will disable all channels on it for now.