Error code 0xC00D3E84

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
u9027

Error code 0xC00D3E84

Post by u9027 »

My brother is having a major issue with his HDHomerun Connect Duo tuner software. He's getting the error code mf_media_engine_err_decode : hresult - 0xC00D3E84 when trying to play live video from the tuner. I think this is happening when using the DVR function as well. He's using Win10 and has subscribed to the SiliconDust's DVR service.

Any advice from anyone on this specific code?

Thanks.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Error code 0xC00D3E84

Post by NedS »

The video player seems to think the video stream has ended or something like that. Google says it's a Windows media error that means "The media stream cannot process any more samples because there are no more samples in the stream". I will ask the dev team about it.

u9027

Re: Error code 0xC00D3E84

Post by u9027 »

I appreciate the effort, NedS. Both of us have really been trying to figure this one out. There's not a lot of info on this specific BSOD code. I've come across a few things to try, from the Windows app checker, to using the troubleshooting feature in Win10, to video driver issues. We're basically at a loss right now. We were going to do a "reset my PC" if all else fails, but I really hope it's just some minor tweak or setting we've overlooked. He's been using the HDHomerun tuner for a few years now with no problem and had subscribed to the DVR service sometime last year. He's going to become a full time cord cutter soon and is trying to get everything shipshape before pulling the plug on AT&T. The issue started a couple of days ago.