Video freezing on NVIDIA Shield?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MrDoh

Video freezing on NVIDIA Shield?

Post by MrDoh »

I have the latest firmware on my HDhomerun Connect Quatro and also have the 8.0.2+ hotfix on my 2017 NVIDIA Shield. Was watching live TV last night using the HDhomerun and after a while the video froze and the audio continued. Actually, the video didn't totally freeze, it advanced some in jumps, but stayed way behind the audio. Gave up on it, and went to another internet TV streaming source. I should add that I'm using both the HD app and the "Channels" app on the Shield. Both apps are fully updated.

Any ideas what this might be? I've done some looking around, and haven't seen anything about this problem. I also have a Tablo, and other than the occasional pixelation problem, the Tablo works fine. But I"d really like to get the HDhomerun fully working on my Shields. I'm sure that this isn't a home network problem, I have gigabit fiber and the NVIDIA Shield is wired to my router via MoCA 2.0. Works great other than the HDhomerun.

Thanks.

Update: Just found this related, unresolved posting. Not helpful, but similar:

viewtopic.php?t=73645

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Video freezing on NVIDIA Shield?

Post by NedS »

We would like to get some diagnostic data.
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh »

NedS wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:52 am
We would like to get some diagnostic data.
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.
Did all of the above...no new firmware update available, updated a couple of days ago.

Device ID: 1071D481

Thanks.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Signal levels coming into the HDHomeRun look fine. Let's try enabling diagnostics on the HDHomeRun app as well:
  1. Open the HDHomeRun app
  2. Go into the Recorded/Discover/Tasks screen and tap on the gear icon in the top right corner
  3. Enable Send diagnostic information
  4. Watch a channel for about 10 minutes

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh »

NedS wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 pm
Signal levels coming into the HDHomeRun look fine. Let's try enabling diagnostics on the HDHomeRun app as well:
  1. Open the HDHomeRun app
  2. Go into the Recorded/Discover/Tasks screen and tap on the gear icon in the top right corner
  3. Enable Send diagnostic information
  4. Watch a channel for about 10 minutes
Done. I left it on a channel for about 15 minutes while I did something else. Don't know if it misbehaved, most likely not, might make more sense if I left it on until it does the problematic behavior, rather than just watching a channel for 10 minutes?

Just a thought, you're the engineer, I'm not *smile*.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Everything looks fine at first glance. The logs will keep sending for 10 days before defaulting to off again, so whenever you see the issue happen again, just let us know and tell us about when it happened, and we should be able to see what was logged.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh »

Okay, sounds good, I'll do that.

Thanks.