Previous channels now missing

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
dansan382

Previous channels now missing

Post by dansan382 »

Hello all!

Have an HDHomerun Prime that has been running without issue until last night. I watch the channels through my Nvidia shield and it's "live channels" app. All of a sudden I started getting an error that says weak signal and the channels wouldn't load. I tried some different channels and seemed only a few were working. I opened the web page for the tuner and it showed my normal 400 or so channels listed. I noticed it had a firmware update so I did that. I then went back to the channel lineup and rescanned, it only came back with 97 channels. I've rerun it a few times, even after powering it down, unplugging the coax and also cablecard and retrying.

All the "card status" shows success and no errors but it won't detech beyond 97 channels. The ones it does detect work no problem when I view them but I cannot figure out how to get the 300+ so that are missing and I had the other day. Any ideas? Any info I need to share to help troubleshoot?

Device ID: 1319A665
FW version: 20200521

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Previous channels now missing

Post by NedS »

It looks like everything is coming back "not-subscribed" on the PRIME, which typically means the cable company messed something up. They probably messed up during an equipment audit and got the wrong subscription package associated with the CableCARD, or something to that extent. They can normally fix it with a phone call if you call them up and tell them all of your channels are coming back "not-subscripted". The only ones working at the moment are clearQAM channels, which would work even without the CableCARD.

dansan382

Re: Previous channels now missing

Post by dansan382 »

Perfect! Thanks for the response and feedback. I will give them a call once I get home and have them address it. As long as nothing looks bad from the hardware standpoint I can easily go yell at verizon.

Update:
After being dropped and transferred like 6 times during Verizon's online chat they finally fixed the issue. I went from detecting 397 to 415 channels somehow.