Having a hard time convincing family (wife) that HDHR DVR can replace WMC

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
gab

Re: Having a hard time convincing family (wife) that HDHR DVR can replace WMC

Post by gab »

Hello

After a few months using HDHR DVR, we would like to report that we are fairly satisfied with the product.

Stability has definitively improved since the beginning of the year, and we like the new blue theme better than the old green one.

Can we get a status update regarding remote control support?

Thanks.

hotshot2k3

Post by hotshot2k3 »

I am interested in the Tivo Stream 4k remote and device.

I wonder if the number buttons work in HDHR or Live Channels app

I am too scared to buy it before tests are made since it only has 2GB RAM

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

hotshot2k3 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:53 pm
I am interested in the **** Stream 4k remote and device.

I wonder if the number buttons work in HDHR or Live Channels app

I am too scared to buy it before tests are made since it only has 2GB RAM
I should have mine on Sunday (was supposed to be Saturday but just got notified of the change).

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I should be getting a T1Vo Stream on Saturday (if the HDHomeRun app runs on it well, we may have to revisit the word filter... maybe... I hate giving them money, but they make such good remote controls). I think the only major buttons missing for Android are last channel and Record. The others should be working, including number pad entry.

gab

Post by gab »

Hi.

What about Xbox One remote control support? (And less importantly Windows 10 remote control support?)

Thanks

hotshot2k3

Post by hotshot2k3 »

Probably wont work since they are IR based.

I have had my eye on the ILEBYGO CR3 since it is bluetooth but may not need it if the T1VO stream 4k remote is fully functional

https://www.amazon.com/ILEBYGO-Bluetoot ... B07T55JTKT

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

I have mentioned this before, but if we could assign buttons to certain commands from the remote that would be awesome as well. (for example "L" for Closed Captions). This option would be great for those of us who have harmony remotes.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

gab wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:46 am
What about Xbox One remote control support? (And less importantly Windows 10 remote control support?)
XBox One remotes are supported, with some limitations.

Number buttons not working - this is a bug in the XBox OS. If you go into the app store search box you will see they don't work there either.

If there are other buttons which are not working please let us know the specific buttons and we will investigate if the button is available for an app to use.

Nick

gab

Post by gab »

@nickk

My expectations have not changed since I posted back in January:

viewtopic.php?p=355418#p355418

viewtopic.php?p=355420#p355420

Thank you

hancox

Post by hancox »

NedS wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:56 pm
I should be getting a T1Vo Stream on Saturday (if the HDHomeRun app runs on it well, we may have to revisit the word filter... maybe... I hate giving them money, but they make such good remote controls). I think the only major buttons missing for Android are last channel and Record. The others should be working, including number pad entry.
Ha - i was wondering why the teevo wasn't showing up for questions on "good" clients... that would explain it.
I need another client like a hole in the head (firestick, 4k Roku, lots of iOS, a win10 PC), but the teevo is interesting, especially as i might need a "real" 4k client with the kickstarter looming :)

I was going to start a "what's an actual working client" thread, as it seems everything has a quirk or 2...

hotshot2k3

Post by hotshot2k3 »

NedS wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:56 pm
Any update on how the T1vo remote works with the HDHR and Live Channels app?
Can it handle MPEG2 1080i?

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver »

I haven't got mine yet... So far today I have had 5 messages from FedEx changing delivery including a couple (at 5:30 and 6:00 am) stating undeliverable and that it will be delayed until Tuesday but most say it will come today. When I ordered they said free 2 day delivery, when I got invoice emailed (and isn't in inbox, archive, junk or spam but only available to me magically if I search for the company name) it stated it was shipped ground and up to 8 days. And FedEx stated to me that shipment method was the reason it wasn't delivered Sunday and rescheduled for today.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver »

Finally got it... just remember to reboot and allow location services specific to the app for HDHomeRun (I had already specified such, first launch of hdhomerun didn't give any error but wouldn't play DRM, rebooted and DRM channel that I had left it on failed but prompted to alllow location and once I did, HDHomeRun app restarted and DRM worked.

So far things are working pretty well but tested for only about a half hour as I tried various channels... I might be seeing an occasional stutter but if I do, it is no different than the shield, jetstream, verizon box has been doing the last couple of days that others have reported.

The one thing I don't like and will have to do some research in changing such is that they won't let one move something before Stream or netflix in the favorites menu as I prefer HDHomeRun to be first on a TV. But I had no obvious issue with 1080i mpeg2 content.

Remote responds fairly well and is comfortable but has that android issue that the center button no longer works when typing in a number (this has been going on ever since they stated they fixed center button for xbox one) and as you press numbers the on screen keyboard goes on and off and if not too careful "k" is pressed. I can't fault the device/remote for this as it has been behaving this way on all my android devices but for at least 6 months prior to such, I was always able to press xx then "OK" (center button) and it would actually tune to that channel with no keyboard popping up but the issue was there for a long time prior as well. No apparent play/pause button as they have skip and live. Volume, mute, power and input buttons on remote automatically configured on the old sharp (pre-cec) 1080p tv I tried.

Edit: I just tried 2 different usb-c ethernet adapters and neither worked (both happened to also have a 3 port usb 3 hub) ... next I will try and see if a similar OTG product might work but from what I read, the micro usb is power only and it is expected for usb c to be used for drives and ethernet. But so far wired ethernet isn't looking promising.

gab

Post by gab »

Hello

I would like to bring back the topic of proper Xbox One remote control support.

When can we expect full support for remote controls such as the PDP Talon on the Xbox One?

(And when can we expect full support for MCE remote controls on Windows 10?)

Thanks!

tecman4

Post by tecman4 »

gab wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:50 pm
Hello

I would like to bring back the topic of proper Xbox One remote control support.

When can we expect full support for remote controls such as the PDP Talon on the Xbox One?

(And when can we expect full support for MCE remote controls on Windows 10?)

Thanks!
Me too!