When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Re: When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

Post by mcewinter »

^ I currently pay $110 after taxes to Comcast on a 2 year contract - for TV and internet. I feel that cord shaving offers way more value than cord-cutting unless "spite" holds as much value as you place in it. I've looked at it and and cord cutting isn't a lucrative option for me. I challenge that it isn't all that advantageous for most. I could possibly cut the cord if I had more than one antenna but for the price I'm paying, how much money could I possibly save? When people realize this, they tend to inflate the value of not having commercials in most of their content. The negative side of this is that ads are unskippable in many cord cutting options.

Dare I say it? I like my Comcast service.
Last edited by mcewinter on Tue May 26, 2020 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

goofnroxx

Post by goofnroxx »

mcewinter wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 am
^ I current pay $110 after taxes to Comcast on a 2 year contract - for TV and internet. I feel that cord shaving offers way more value than cord-cutting unless "spite" holds as much value as you place in it. I've looked at it and and cord cutting isn't a lucrative option for me. I challenge that isn't all that advantageous for most. I could possibly cut the cord if I had more than one antenna but for the price I'm paying, how much money could I possibly save? When people realize this, they tend to inflate the value of not having commercials in most of their content. The negative side of this is that ads are unskippable in many cord cutting options.

This.

My prime3 has more than paid for itself from the customer owned equipment credit. If you count how much I've saved by not paying for Comcast's DVR it's paid for itself many times over.

nsayer

Post by nsayer »

[MOD EDIT: removed, forum rules (no FUD) - NS]

andrewjs18

Post by andrewjs18 »

mcewinter wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 am
^ I currently pay $110 after taxes to Comcast on a 2 year contract - for TV and internet. I feel that cord shaving offers way more value than cord-cutting unless "spite" holds as much value as you place in it. I've looked at it and and cord cutting isn't a lucrative option for me. I challenge that it isn't all that advantageous for most. I could possibly cut the cord if I had more than one antenna but for the price I'm paying, how much money could I possibly save? When people realize this, they tend to inflate the value of not having commercials in most of their content. The negative side of this is that ads are unskippable in many cord cutting options.

agreed. I'm paying $100/month for verizon fios internet plus HD cable with 1 cablecard and 1 converter box. my infinitv4 tv tuner is getting quite old at this point and I'm hoping it can last long enough until the prime 6 is released...

I tried some of the free trials with the various streaming services and either they don't have the channels I like to watch, or their DVR storage sucks. The best one at the time was direct tv now, but their DVR only held like 20-25 hours worth of shows and live sports, especially football, was almost unwatchable, imho.

n9lya1

Post by n9lya1 »

0 Fortunately or unfortunately... I dropped CABLE.. They could not keep a consistent signal, my Prime 3 Is going on Ebay. Patently waiting for my HDHomerun ATSC 3.0 4 tuner 4k. Using my extend at this time...
Actually they said I was their only customer who evens used a cable card.. But I could never figure out why they totally did not care to improve my signal so I could keep cable.. Must not need customers....

mayorville wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:15 pm
Just curious on how many prime 6 were you planning on buying (whenever it comes out) and what equipment would it replace?

For myself, probably 2 to replace a Ceton6 and a couple Prime3