Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by signcarver »

The recording engine does not support such. The only way is to delete the rule and restart the engine... and you may also find that the tuners themselves also should be restarted. This has nothing to do with this software but with SD's dvr in general.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

FoodLioon wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:32 pm
How can I force a recording to stop?

I recorded racing today and padded 2 hours to the recording. I wanted to stop the recording when it was in the padded time but couldn't find any way to do it.
You can't. Stopping it in Kodi has no effect on the DVR, it will continue to do what it set out to do. The closest you can come is to delete it but even then it keeps going until it's done (and is also counter productive if you actually want to keep it).

When/if you stop it in Kodi the timer that it's tied to gets deleted, but there is currently no command for "stop recording".

Sorry there is no good answer on this one :(

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

signcarver wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm
The recording engine does not support such. The only way is to delete the rule and restart the engine... and you may also find that the tuners themselves also should be restarted. This has nothing to do with this software but with SD's dvr in general.
The rule disappeared when it was in the padded time. Even restarting the engine didn't free up the tuner. It went right back to recording. I'm probably better off just to let it record to the end.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver »

I did mention restarting the tuners as well...

Basically the dvr requests the full time. In theory if the engine was off long enough the tuner might stop prior but typically it doesn't. I'm surprised the rule was gone but that might be djp952's issue if you were referring to anything seen, or should I say not seen, in his pvr add-on, as a series would still be there and typically a one-off hangs around in the rules for about another 24 hours and part of the problem is whenever the engine restarts it will get it's orders of what it should be recording in the next 4 hours including anything that would be in progress. There are some methods of deleting rules that don't always seem to work on one-offs as they are expected to be auto-deleted a day after airing but personally when i have checked such behavior in the past, but it has been awhile since I checked, if one uses the RecordingRuleID I have never had such issue of it not deleting, but many use the SeriesID or even ProgramID with other parameters.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

signcarver wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:46 pm
I did mention restarting the tuners as well...

Basically the dvr requests the full time. In theory if the engine was off long enough the tuner might stop prior but typically it doesn't. I'm surprised the rule was gone but that might be djp952's issue if you were referring to anything seen, or should I say not seen, in his pvr add-on, as a series would still be there and typically a one-off hangs around in the rules for about another 24 hours and part of the problem is whenever the engine restarts it will get it's orders of what it should be recording in the next 4 hours including anything that would be in progress. There are some methods of deleting rules that don't always seem to work on one-offs as they are expected to be auto-deleted a day after airing but personally when i have checked such behavior in the past, but it has been awhile since I checked, if one uses the RecordingRuleID I have never had such issue of it not deleting, but many use the SeriesID or even ProgramID with other parameters.
When a Kodi Recording is stopped via this addon, the corresponding HDHomeRun recording rule is deleted from the backend if it's a a date/time only recording rule. In Kodi, a "stop recording" request is handed down to the PVR addon as a "delete timer" request, thus the equivalent function for HDHomeRun DVR is to delete the backend recording rule. There is no "stop recording" implementation in and of itself available. Attempts to stop a Kodi Recording, or delete the Kodi Timer, for an episode of a series-based recording rule will be disallowed and the user will be informed that the operation may not be performed.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver »

But how do you process the delete? (what parameters). The reason for asking is I have occasionally seen SD's own software not delete a one-off once it starts/completed and linger for a day or two, while my web based pages had no issue when specifically specifying by just RecordingRuleID but most likely you wouldn't want to do that when not a DateTimeOnly rule.

If it was deleted that will explain no longer seeing such rule and then one would have to look at what happened with the engine after restart. Like I said often the tuners must also need a restart and with that not done we may never know :) but i was going off interpreting "It went right back to recording" rather than just not releasing the tuner (my testing, again long ago, showed that an engine restart with such deleted wouldn't be recording but without that tuner reset, and thus still accepting the transmitted packets, the tuner wouldn't be released, though sometimes more drastic measures to restart the engine may have made the tuner time out and not necessarily have to restart them)

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

I wasn't able to delete the timer.
The race was 3:30-7:00. I added 2 hours padding. At around 7:30, I wanted to stop the recording since the race was over. The timer wasn't in the list but the engine was still recording. I restarted the engine and it continued to record. I guess the only way to stop it in this situation is to unplug the tuner.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

I just read the changelog for Kodi 18.7. It looks like djp952 has been very busy. Thanks!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

You're welcome!

The main contribution made to Leia 18.7 I can think of is a fix for the EPG corruption that occurs when channels are added/removed during startup, which ironically is the opposite of something Krypton used to do that I helped fix too. I wasn't able to get a fix for the channel names you see when it's "Importing guide from clients" into Leia since it was cosmetic. Matrix has that one, though.

It's not entirely altruistic, of course. I got tired of having to tell everyone to "Clear Data" all the time to fix the EPG (and I was tired of doing it here too) :mrgreen:

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I've rebuilt the Leia Universal Windows Platform .APPX for Leia 18.7, if anyone is looking for an update ... version 3.3.0a ...

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FYI, I'm looking into a problem that has appeared here with Leia 18.7. Please let me know if after upgrading to 18.7, or if are on a Matrix nightly newer than around May 6th, you are encountering a noticeable delay when starting a Live TV channel. You should also see "CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for configure" and/or "CRenderManager::Configure - failed to configure" in the Kodi log.

I think I know what Kodi commit is causing it and a hunch as to why, but if I can corroborate with other users it might help with documenting the issue and requesting a fix.

So far I've only installed 18.7 on Windows, so it may be specific to that platform but if my hunch is right this will semi-regularly hit everyone. I'm building an 18.7 without the commit I think is the cause to see if I'm on the right track.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:19 pm
FYI, I'm looking into a problem that has appeared here with Leia 18.7. Please let me know if after upgrading to 18.7, or if are on a Matrix nightly newer than around May 6th, you are encountering a noticeable delay when starting a Live TV channel. You should also see "CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for configure" and/or "CRenderManager::Configure - failed to configure" in the Kodi log.
I'm not having any trouble with a delay when starting a live TV channel with 18.7 on Linux. I see "CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" twice in the log but it doesn't seem to be causing any trouble.

I do have over 2,000 lines similar to this one:
ERROR: Deliver: Unable to obtain EPG for client 1037099430 and channel 196609! Unable to deliver state change for tag '-317377308'!

I don't know if I should be concerned with that or not. I haven't been brave enough to clear the guide data to see if it will repopulate.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm
djp952 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:19 pm
I'm not having any trouble with a delay when starting a live TV channel with 18.7 on Linux. I see "CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" twice in the log but it doesn't seem to be causing any trouble.

I do have over 2,000 lines similar to this one:
ERROR: Deliver: Unable to obtain EPG for client 1037099430 and channel 196609! Unable to deliver state change for tag '-317377308'!

I don't know if I should be concerned with that or not. I haven't been brave enough to clear the guide data to see if it will repopulate.
That's the kodi database bug that was fixed in 18.7. Do a Clear Data on the Guide, it should go away (and hopefully never come back).

What was happening there is that if the PVR adds/removes channels during Kodi startup, the EPG database isn't open yet so the IDs get all muffed up. When you Clear Data, the EPG database will be recreated without the missing/corrupt identifiers. Again, this should hopefully be the last time you'll ever need to Clear Data :) edit: You're probably going to find one or two new channels in the EPG afterwards too, the channels it can't "deliver state change"s for.

"Timeout waiting for buffer" is unfortunately normal. The time it takes to tune channels on HDHomeRun is longer than Kodi allows for. Unless you see a TON of them or your video is glitching out, it's nothing to be overly concerned with. I usually get a couple every time I tune any channel.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm
That's the kodi database bug that was fixed in 18.7. Do a Clear Data on the Guide, it should go away (and hopefully never come back).
I cleared the data and now that message is gone in the log. Thanks.

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

I do not have any delays starting channels with 18.7 on Windows 10 or FireStick 4k.