Confusing DVR activation issue.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mchandler

Confusing DVR activation issue.

Post by mchandler »

I have an HDHR Prime 3 and pay for the dvr subscription. The android app says the dvr is activated but the webpage my.hdhomerun says I dont have it - while on my network. Then, when I click on activate, it says I already have it but the license is unassigned. I can't get it to record anything. The link here: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:activation
shows an activation page. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Info that may help:
Model: HDHR3-CC
Device ID: 13232977
Firmware: 20200225

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Confusing DVR activation issue.

Post by signcarver »

Everything you mentioned is "normal"

Where is your recording engine? Is it on the same subnet as the prime? What do it's logs state (when it discovers devices and communicates with SD)

Since you mentioned a prime, does you provider put DRM protection on most channels (as those can't be recorded)?

my.hdhomerun.com typically can only show what it detects which can be messed up for a variety of reasons as it cannot use normal detection measures that the app and engine use.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Confusing DVR activation issue.

Post by NedS »

mchandler wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 am
I have an HDHR Prime 3 and pay for the dvr subscription. The android app says the dvr is activated but the webpage my.hdhomerun says I dont have it - while on my network. Then, when I click on activate, it says I already have it but the license is unassigned. I can't get it to record anything. The link here: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:activation
shows an activation page. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Info that may help:
Model: HDHR3-CC
Device ID: 13232977
Firmware: 20200225
my.hdhomerun.com attempts to run a script in the web browser to detect everything on your local network. It's very possible for it to miss something, but that missing device or DVR won't actually impact the HDHomeRun app or recordings. The "unassigned" message can be ignored entirely, as it is left over from an older way that licenses were handled (and will eventually be removed, I assume).

Looking up your account, I can confirm that your DVR account is correctly associated with 13232977. However, your DVR software is not currently running. It looks like you are using a Windows PC to run the DVR software. Is this PC on all the time, or does it sleep or shut down from tiem to time? The DVR needs to be installed on a device that stays on all the time.