HDHomerun Android TV Beta app not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
nfmfarm

HDHomerun Android TV Beta app not working

Post by nfmfarm »

My beta app for Android TV OS was working until a few days ago. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a couple of days ago and now it will not stream any channels from the Extend at all even though the extend is working well on all of my other network devices . It identified my HDH Extend which I am able to stream channels from on my phone, laptop and PC but stops and freezes on the first screen on my nvidia shield TV. Has a previously stable beta been replaced with one that does not work on android TV OS?

jasonl
Expert

Re: HDHomerun Android TV Beta app not working

Post by jasonl »

What beta app are you referring to? There is no version of the HDHomeRun app in beta at this time.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHomerun Android TV Beta app not working

Post by signcarver »

Did you recently reset or update the shield? When i recently got my new verizon android tv box and entered my Google credentials it automatically installed an ancient beta version that didn't click in my mind that it was as the front ui was the new one. One clue for me was it was complaining about the tuners needing a firmware update (though on latest) and no drm channels would play.

Eventually i uninstalled and reinstalled from search of store rather than any automatic options and the new verizon box is working great.