QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

Jjjordanov wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:26 am Great!
Perfect timing, I just received my new HDHomeRun/Plex dedicated QNAP.
I used the manual method to install the Recording Engine on both the old and the new QNAP. How do I uninstall or maybe at least disable auto-starting on the old NAS?

Thanks
not sure what you mean exactly with manual method..
I would normally associate that with the manual linux install method which doesn't autostart..
But am going to assume you mean manual install of QPKG via app center

You don't need to uninstall the old engine unless you want to.
At a min, you can set the RecordStreamsMax on the old engine to 0 via the Manager UI.

If you want to just disable the engine on the QNAP I believe you just open the App Center, and use the drop down menu for the App and select Stop.
Am not sure if this retains after a restart though
I normally ssh to the NAS and exec the following

Code: Select all

qpkg_service disable HDHomeRunDVR
If you want to remove - then open App Center and use the drop down menu item to Remove the app.
This will remove the engine and config but leave all logs and recordings alone. You would need to clean the RecordPath folder manually from filestation or ssh

Jjjordanov

Post by Jjjordanov »

I apologize - yes, by manual I meant manually install the QPKG.

Thank you for your reply, that answers my concerns 100%.
I was not sure if there is anything else to take care of, but to sum it up for the others that might need it that's what I've done:

Transferring QNAP HDHomeRun DVR Manager from one QNAP NAS to another
1. STOP the DVR Engine from the GUI
2. RecordStreamsMax set to 0 (optional, I understand this is not required, but if for some reason the engine is turned on it will not record)
3. STOP from APP CENTER the HDHomeRunDVR
4. Move all the recordings (optional, if you you want to keep them)
5. INSTALL on the new NAS as a new installation. (I copied all recordings from the old one to the recordings folder of the new one)

I assume SiliconDust use your IP to put a new device (tuner, NAS etc) on the same account.

Once again - thank you!

jflo91

Post by jflo91 »

I have noticed that recently the HDHR-DVRUI web package (0.8.6) no longer renders properly from qnap (it does from a synology).

the data is there, the page loads, but the background is white and tables are not well formed. ie, it looks like a page without any scripting or formatting.

from synology, it all works and looks normal.

Qnap used to work, so I am not sure what is happening, has anyone else seen something like this?

I have pics, not quite sure how to add them to this post...

Jjjordanov

Post by Jjjordanov »

Do you mean this from my.hdhomerun.com:

jflo91 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 am I have noticed that recently the HDHR-DVRUI web package (0.8.6) no longer renders properly from qnap (it does from a synology).

the data is there, the page loads, but the background is white and tables are not well formed. ie, it looks like a page without any scripting or formatting.

Qnap used to work, so I am not sure what is happening, has anyone else seen something like this?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Jjjordanov wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am I assume SiliconDust use your IP to put a new device (tuner, NAS etc) on the same account.
NAS doesn't really matter - as you say it registers the IP, but tuners, clients will query servers and do discovery to connect. Key is to register the tuners.. then everything else happens behind the scenes.
jflo91 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 am I have noticed that recently the HDHR-DVRUI web package (0.8.6) no longer renders properly from qnap (it does from a synology).

This isn't the right thread for that app..
That said..
My guess is one of 2 things.
Either
- the .css files in folder/theme/default are not writable by httpuser
OR
- you need to force a flush of the CSS/Javascript with a hard reload of the page (varies by browser, typically CTRL-SHIFT-R)

jflo91

Post by jflo91 »

ok, here are the pics:

this is from the qNAP:

this is from the working synology:

Sorry, I saw a ref to this app in an earlier post. my bad.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jflo91 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:58 am ok, here are the pics:

Sorry, I saw a ref to this app in an earlier post. my bad.
Yeah - is the CSS.
Check permissions

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I have both a Synology and QNAP and rarely check the QNAP but I also have the exact same problem. Synology works perfect but QNAP is messed up but I never touched anything. Permissions are fine but I'll double again but it's still usable at least.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Just checked mine on Qnap and exactly the same issue.

Rew

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

I'll look into it this evening.
I think I know what's up.
If someone wants to try - SSH on to your NAS and make /share/Web/HDHR-DVRUI/theme/default world writable, i.e.

Code: Select all

chmod a+w /share/Web/HDHR-DVRUI/theme/default 

Jjjordanov

Post by Jjjordanov »

demonrik wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:54 am
Jjjordanov wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am I assume SiliconDust use your IP to put a new device (tuner, NAS etc) on the same account.
NAS doesn't really matter - as you say it registers the IP, but tuners, clients will query servers and do discovery to connect. Key is to register the tuners.. then everything else happens behind the scenes.
Yeah, I still don't get how it works exactly, but it was a little frustrating what I went through when I changed my setup.
What I had:
1. Scribe Quattro
2. Added this app to my QNAP and I liked it. The QNAP started making the recordings.

Upgraded(?!) to:
1. Connect Quattro
2. Another dedicated QNAP NAS

I registered the CONNECT while the SCRIBE still online. Then unplugged and returned the SCRIBE.
None of my existing schedules on the QNAP worked after I took the SCRIBE down. I was not paying for DVR (I assume it was the SCRIBE included 1 year).
I subscribed now and had to recreate all scheduled recordings. Then installed on the new QNAP and all schedules were transferred without any issues.
Not a big deal, it was a one time thing, but curiosity bugs me what happened.
I understand it has nothing to do with this app and is up to me not knowing HDHomeRun's DVR/subscription structure.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Jjjordanov wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 pm
I registered the CONNECT while the SCRIBE still online. Then unplugged and returned the SCRIBE.
None of my existing schedules on the QNAP worked after I took the SCRIBE down. I was not paying for DVR (I assume it was the SCRIBE included 1 year).
I subscribed now and had to recreate all scheduled recordings. Then installed on the new QNAP and all schedules were transferred without any issues.
I understand it has nothing to do with this app and is up to me not knowing HDHomeRun's DVR/subscription structure.
A scribe/servio provides a year of service but one doesn't get a "dvr account" with it (yet) the dvr simply uses the authorization of the scribe/servio that way if you sell/get rid of the scribe/servio, it follows that device for the year of service. One thing demonrik may need to ensure is that the DeviceAuth of the scribe/servio is also sent... typically I would expect such with a scribe as it is also a tuner which would typically be sent along with other tuners but some have not included the DeviceAuth of the servio when doing so.

So if you are getting your year of service through the scribe/servio, make sure that is up.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Jjjordanov wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 pm I registered the CONNECT while the SCRIBE still online. Then unplugged and returned the SCRIBE.
interesting..
Would have expected the subscription to continue.. but maybe was a trial for a period of time first, and once you disconnected the Scribe it removed it?
TBH - not sure as I don't own a scribe.
Glad you like the QPKG..
signcarver wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:15 pm One thing demonrik may need to ensure is that the DeviceAuth of the scribe/servio is also sent...
For this package - the only time you need the auth is in the diagnostics since we don't actually tell the cloud engine anything to do. The other app does AFAIR include Scribe Auth.
But does mean the scribe needs to be on the network and not returned.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

If their DVR subscription is "from" the scribe (or servio), it needs to always use it's DeviceAuth when accessing the "cloud" based rules... as that is the auth that grants access as they don't get an "account"

If they subscribed, rather than just use the free year, they get an account associated to them, not the device. (and later "add" devices to that account through email link or through app)

jflo91

Post by jflo91 »

JFYI, for me the new release worked great.

THANK YOU!.
Here is a link in case anyone needs it,
[demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI] Release 0.8.6b - QNAP Fix for default CSS
Click Here