HDHOMERUN QUATTRO Device not found

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Finchmark

HDHOMERUN QUATTRO Device not found

Post by Finchmark » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:26 pm

I am running a Quattro and use a Mac. About 2 years ago bought it and got it to work. I added DVR and was not able to resolve issues with it and finally unsubscribed from the DVR service until I could devote more time to it. Now, with more time to dedicate to this, I am trying to make the Quattro work for free TV only off an outdoor antenna before trying the DVR service again. I have downloaded and installed the latest App/HD Homerun software for my Mac, I have the current Mac OS, and rebooted the Quattro, made sure I am on the same home network but the MyHomeRun site does not see the Quattro. As such, I cannot update the channels. I use the HD App on my mobile devices and use the “Channels” app through Apple TV and ROKU for my Samsung TVs. I can see some of the TV channels through these Apps but several show “weak signal”.

How can I get my Mac to “see” the Quattro?

Thanks!
Mark

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHOMERUN QUATTRO Device not found

Post by NedS » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:28 am

How is your home network set up? Is everything using one router, or are there multiple routers, network switches, access points, mesh network nodes, etc? Is there any VPN software running?

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:14 am

Not sure I know the full answer to this. I have a Netgear ORBI router with one satellite for my home use. the Quattro is plugged directly into the ORBI Router. I use the wireless off the ORBI Router for my computer, ROKU, Apple TV and I-pads. I currently have a Western Digital My Cloud on the network for storage, but am not actively using it (I purchased it when it was recommended for setting up the DVR aspect of the HD Home Run and could not get it to work as described - separate issue I hope). No VPN running that I am aware of. Does this answer your question?

jasonl

Post by jasonl » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Does the HDHomeRun show at the top of http://my.hdhomerun.com on the Mac? How about on the iPad?

Can you temporarily wire the Mac to one of the Orbi units and see if that makes a difference?

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Thank you,
It shows the same on both the i-pad and Mac, http://my.hdhomerun.com, but it has a "Not Secure" in front of it. Connecting the Mac to the ORBI through a wired connection instead of wifi had no impact. Any other ideas?? Getting a little frustrated. I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 which is the highest version my mac will support. Is this an issue?

Mark

jasonl

Post by jasonl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:18 pm

High Sierra is supported.

Please check the Mac firewall and make sure the HDHomeRun app is allowed through it. If you have another firewall in use on the computer, or any security programs like Little Snitch, you may need to manually allow the HDHomeRun app through those programs.

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Jasonl, the firewall is/has been "off". Do I need to check anything else?

jasonl

Post by jasonl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Open Terminal and run:

hdhomerun_config discover

Does that find the HDHomeRun or report no devices found?

If it shows no devices, run:

Code: Select all

cd $HOME/Desktop
ifconfig > ifconfig.txt
netstat -rn > route.txt
This will create 2 txt files on your desktop; please email those to support at silicondust dot com along with a link to this thread.

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Thanks Jasonl, I ran the first item in Terminal and it said;"hdhomerun device 1070BC02 found at 192.168.1.18" So I rechecked the My.HDHomerun website and it still said "No HD HomeRun Detected. So I ran the second command and generated the two text files. I will send these to the e-mail address as requested.

Mark

jasonl

Post by jasonl » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:57 pm

It looks like you're using AT&T Mobility as your ISP. One of the network technologies they use prevents the device discovery via the my.hdhomerun.com site from working. It will not affect actual use of the device, just that site.

You can access the device's web page directly by going to http://192.168.1.18/ address.

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you. By using the IP address I was able to get to the screen to update the channels which I could not do before. I re-ran the detect channels option, Tuner status (all four channels not in use), and system status - firmware is up to date, there is a device ID, MAC address and IP address and a subnet address. So I assume I am good to go.

Then when I go to my HDhomerun App to watch TV, I get a channel listing, but no TV programs on the screen, just a black screen. With the HDHOMERUN APP open and a channel selected on my Mac and my Ipad I went back to the tuner status and it still said all four tuners are not in use. What next??

Getting a little frustrated.

Mark

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Is there a record engine some place and is properly set up and working?

If the app detects a record engine it will use that for actually playing the channels from... this requires the record engine to know about the channels and would need to be restarted after a lineup change (or wait a couple of hours), it also has to be working and able to write to the recording folder (LiveTV folder in it)

Also a few people are having issue with the new ui just pushed out and getting a black screen so it may be nothing on your part.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Finchmark wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 pm
Thank you. By using the IP address I was able to get to the screen to update the channels which I could not do before. I re-ran the detect channels option, Tuner status (all four channels not in use), and system status - firmware is up to date, there is a device ID, MAC address and IP address and a subnet address. So I assume I am good to go.

Then when I go to my HDhomerun App to watch TV, I get a channel listing, but no TV programs on the screen, just a black screen. With the HDHOMERUN APP open and a channel selected on my Mac and my Ipad I went back to the tuner status and it still said all four tuners are not in use. What next??

Getting a little frustrated.

Mark
We have resolved an issue on our side that should restore live TV. Please try the HDHomeRun app again and let us know if you are still having issues. If the HDHomeRun app is open, please close it and open it again so that it refreshes UI files from our servers.​

Finchmark

Post by Finchmark » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank you . This has resolved the issue.