Thanks, but no thanks. I have provided enough opinion in enough threads and have for the most part stopped reading the forum. The UI sucks, in my opinion. But someone at SD is very invested in the current UI and refuses to listen. We were told a year ago to just wait until the UI refactoring comes out as it will form a better base for changes, but after a year, the only changes have been to reduce functionality.
Major items just off the top of my head from last night are:
- Cannot see what is going to record today. Yes, there is the red dot, but it only means that a program might record. And more importantly one must hunt and peck through the discover view for every time period of interest.
- Cannot see both air date and record date.
- Programs with red dot (which might or might not be recorded) are no longer at the beginning of the discover view. So one has to hunt around for them, and they are easy to miss because the red dot can be indistinguishable from the the show icon. We only use OTA, but this must be a nightmare for cable users.
- No way to determine if we have more programs scheduled to record than we have tuners for.
- No way to say, we are going to watch on another device, so don't record and waste one tuner.
- No way to prioritize tuners. All of our tuners, even though they are hooked to same antenna, have different signal strengths and number of channels received. We unplug them to make sure the bad tuners are not used to record program we consider important.
- On the Mac, Apple-Q to quit only works on some views.
- On the Mac, when the last recording has been watched and deleted, the show icon still shown in the Recorded View as if there were still recordings to watch.
- We routinely have recordings that won't play, so we go to YouTube or the network web site the watch. If I am going to do that, why do I need HD DVR.
- We won't ever fast forward past commercials because the UI will lock up and we have to start watching from the beginning to see the end.