Fire Stick 4k

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
toppinglift

Re: Fire Stick 4k

Post by toppinglift » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:19 pm

@jasonl

Didn't know about turning off AC3 passthrough. I'll do it now and see if that works. Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:09 pm

The AC3 passthrough glitch changing speaker count was fixed in the last release.

If you see a change disabling AC3 passthrough please let us know as we are not tracking any issues with AC3 passthrough.

Nick

rickshtpc

Post by rickshtpc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:42 pm

My 4k problem is video is STILL freezing up.

mustang5o

Post by mustang5o » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 am

Mine was working fine for a long time after forcing the Firestick 4K to use 1080P (hooked to a 1080P TV right now) and to only use stereo on the audio. Now it's freezing a lot again. I've tried with both AC3 enabled and disabled and I thought it was working better with it disabled but can't be sure (will need to test again). It happens quite frequently on HBO channels (fed from a HDHR Prime).

lbedard@verizon.net

Post by lbedard@verizon.net » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 am

Still having stalling, freezing problems here also, newest update.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Can those who are having crashes try deleting the version of the HDHomeRun app they have, then try this older version?

https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... 190801.apk

We had a user on a support ticket said that this version didn't have any crashes, and I'm interested in seeing if that might be true for some of the people here as well.

mustang5o

Post by mustang5o » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:05 am

NedS wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 pm
Can those who are having crashes try deleting the version of the HDHomeRun app they have, then try this older version?

We had a user on a support ticket said that this version didn't have any crashes, and I'm interested in seeing if that might be true for some of the people here as well.
No crashes but lots of stuttering and freezing (HBO is the worst). Should I still try to install this version? I have 3 other FTV devices (original box, 2nd gen stick, 4K Pendant). I'll have to try those. I guess we have had a couple of crashing issues on both sticks. It usually happens right when we bring the app up and if you go and try again (sometimes multiple times) it will eventually work.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 pm

mustang5o wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:05 am
NedS wrote:

No crashes but lots of stuttering and freezing (HBO is the worst). Should I still try to install this version? I have 3 other FTV devices (original box, 2nd gen stick, 4K Pendant). I'll have to try those. I guess we have had a couple of crashing issues on both sticks. It usually happens right when we bring the app up and if you go and try again (sometimes multiple times) it will eventually work.
You can watch HBO on the FiresTick I thought that was Protected.

mustang5o

Post by mustang5o » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:19 pm

EddieP wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 pm
mustang5o wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:05 am
NedS wrote:

You can watch HBO on the FiresTick I thought that was Protected.
Not the primary channels but all the extra HBO's. I usually use HBO GO for watching series since I don't usually watch the day they air. I do like to channel surf some and when I try an HBO channel it's usually bad...it wasn't before this version of the app.

toppinglift

Post by toppinglift » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:54 am

Hi All,

The last time I wrote about the audio sync issues with the FireStick 4K was in December 2019. At that time, the video was lagging behind the audio by a large margin--making the program unwatchable. This is on both the DVR side and live programming side. The issue initially seemed to have been solved for me by unchecking the AC3 Passthrough, but now it has re-appeared again. I run the latest download (Android (20200121)) and the Display on the FireStick is set to 1080 and not Auto. I have been switching back and forth between Auto and a slower display rate because I was not sure if the audio or the display was responsible for the lagging. Adjusting the display had no effect except setting it to 1080 instead of Auto stops the stuttering of the video. When the video works properly, the programming begins with the audio in sync, and then devolves into a syncing mess after a few minutes.

I also have some of the local TV programs on Slice and FireStick which also runs on the HDHR and FireStick, and there is no sync issue with Slice, so the sync problem appears to be confined to HDHR running on the FireStick. Please advise. Thank you.

qpe12345

Post by qpe12345 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Jason,
The version you provided as well as the latest update to 317 both fix the issue, thank you, thank you!

I was able to play the example file I provided with no further crashes, great work!

Thanks!

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am

The latest app release bypasses the problem FireTV codec.

If you have upgraded to the latest app and you are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread.

Thanks,

Nick