Turns out the major problem with the channels was a Kodi issue (figures - lol). Here goes nothing ....
v3.0.0~beta1 - December 12, 2019
- Add dependency on libxml2 library v2.9.10
- Switch to incremental database schema versioning rather than tying to the addon version number
- Change "Append repeat indicators to applicable episode names" setting to apply only to programs of type EP/SH
- Remove "Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Metadata" discovery intervals setting
- Remove "Trigger guide metadata discovery" PVR Client Specific setting
- Add "Trigger guide listing discovery" PVR Client Specific setting
- Fix bug in task scheduler that would allow pending tasks to execute after stop signal has been sent
- + NEW EPG IMPLEMENTATION
This is a beta release (hopefully the only one) for the new EPG implementation based on the XMLTV API provided by SiliconDust. SD contacted me and pointed out that this addon has been responsible for a very high load on their existing EPG API, and we really shouldn't have been using it anyway. They made a whole new API for third-party applications to use and the switchover will become mandatory. Access to the existing API will be blocked at some point.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Moving forward clients with no DVR authorized tuners will NOT be able to access EPG data via this addon.
That said, when the dust settles I intend to see what can be done here, perhaps a guide/FAQ on how to use a different EPG service via Kodi. This addon will not directly support EPG sources outside of the HDHomeRun ecosystem. The beta is currently for LEIA only. Even if there are no problems, it's going to take me a couple/few days to test all the platforms and backport these changes to Krypton.
DVR subscribers will ALWAYS get 14 days of data from the new XMLTV API. There is no reason you can't crank Kodi up to 14 days if you want, but as with all things the more you ask for the longer it takes to load. The download times for the EPG data will always be the same no matter how many days you set in Kodi.
There are some other benefits to the new data and methodology as well. The biggest one is that ALL the guide data will be reprocessed every 24 (or so) hours, so if EPG listings have changed since they were first loaded, they will be updated. This was a major limitation of the old method, once the EPG was loaded it was pretty much fixed in place.
Link (OneDrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-jIgphYi ... Q?e=6Sfpo2
- Executing a "Clear Data" in the Kodi PVR & Live TV / Guide settings does not trigger an EPG update afterwards. Go into the Client Specific / Client specific settings and choose "Trigger guide listing discovery" to force a re-download and processing of the XMLTV data. EPG will repopulate soon after.
- The channel names from the tuner(s) may appear in the upper-right hand corner if Kodi asks for one-off EPG data for a single channel. This happens when Timers are updated and it doesn't already have the EPG data for those programs. This is a Kodi limitation, once an EPG entry is created the original name will be used forever. To fix, after the EPG data has been populated once, do a "Clear Data" in PVR & Live TV / Guide, then go into Client Specific / Client specific settings and choose "Trigger guide listing discovery". I intend to look at Kodi and suggest a PR for them to resolve this.
Typical djp952 long-winded post ... give it a go and let me know. I think we need to have this completely finished up and available for everyone in the next week or so.
edit: bug #1
- The new genre mapping stopped working. The guide is supposed to have all kinds of new colors (worked a couple days ago - lol). I'll see if the source data changed on me or if I changed something. Sorry!