Cannot pick up channels with this box

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Stormy4757

Cannot pick up channels with this box

Post by Stormy4757 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 am

I have a HD HomeRun Connect Duo. I have watched numerous YouTube videos on setup. I have a 1 by One Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna. I downloaded the HD Homerun software to my desktop computer. I downloaded the HD Homerun app to my firestick. HD Homerun box will not pick up any channels. I finally decided to plug the antenna directly into the back of my Insignia flat screen TV and had it search and it picked up quite a few channels ending at Channel 33.4. So I confirmed that the antenna works, so why doesn't the HomeRun box? What am I doing wrong? I am thinking maybe I should plug the antenna back into the TV directly and run a cable out of the TV into the back of the Homerun box. I have uninstalled the Homerun software on my desktop computer and am going to run through the setup again. So I did this and again it did not detect any channels.

Anyone?

Stormy4757

Re: Cannot pick up channels with this box

Post by Stormy4757 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 am

Is this box suppose to have lights on the front that light up? Because this one does not have any lights showing. Could this box be defective? Anyone? I am at my wits end.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data and run a channel scan (see https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... iagnostics) then reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs to see what is happening.

There are no LEDs on the front of the HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo, just the network LED on the back.

Stormy4757

Post by Stormy4757 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm

I downloaded the beta software per your link, checked the box for diagnostics and ran the channel scan. It still found no channels. My device ID is: 10644D3C.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:43 pm

The channel scan results are very odd. They don't look anything like what broadcast signals are supposed to look like. Do you just have the antenna connected directly to the HDHomeRun or is there something else in between?

Stormy4757

Post by Stormy4757 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 am

There is nothing between the antenna and the box. I have moved the antenna to the best reception area, where my TV picks up a lot of channels OTA. When you asked me to do those steps, I connected the cable from the antenna to the Homerun box. The ethernet cable is plugged into my modem/router. (Centurylink). I have Avast Internet Security and I have allowed all network traffic in and out. Do you have a recommended tutorial I can follow step by step for beginning to end install? How does the HD Homerun app on my Firestick play into this? I have used the IP address of this box to scan for channels, and updated the box per this site. I have used the software that I installed to scan for channels. Do you not have a simple tutorial for this equipment? I have run out of patience and am considering returning this box. I think it is defective. I cannot afford to be throwing my money at the wind.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Please send us an e-mail to support (at) silicondust.com and reference this forum thread.

Stormy4757

Post by Stormy4757 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 am

I am closing this thread as I have returned the product to the seller. Thanks!