Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

ddejager

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by ddejager » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm

It could always be configurable too, but seems like overkill to go that route.
I was thinking the same thing...that's why I didn't suggest an option...plus without being able to easily see the original air date, how would one decide what to set it to?

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:09 pm

ddejager wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm
It could always be configurable too, but seems like overkill to go that route.
I was thinking the same thing...that's why I didn't suggest an option...plus without being able to easily see the original air date, how would one decide what to set it to?
We're good, I reached out to the original requester and he has no issues with bumping this to 48 hours.

I'm mucking around in Matrix a little tonight to see how that's working, unless the power goes out (very likely - I'm in Maryland) I can probably post a 2.4.0~beta3 with this change in it for you to kick around. I don't want to inundate everyone with endless betas, but again this is such a large update I definitely all the help I can get making sure it's solid enough to deploy.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:34 pm

FINAL BETA for v2.4.0 - feature set is locked down. This one is "so far so good" ...

Version 2.4.0~beta3
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.30.1
  • Enforce previously relaxed rules regarding invalid JSON data retrieved from the backend and/or local devices
  • Limit EPG data requests to no more than 24 hours into the future if no devices with DVR authorization where discovered
  • Refactor recordings database table to key on auto-generated recording identifier(s) and improve query performance
  • Improve performance of Recorded TV last played (resume) position operations
  • Display prompt indicating that an individual episode timer cannot be removed from a series recording rule
  • Trigger an automatic recording discovery to occur 15 seconds after a new recording rule has been added
  • Trigger initial discovery operations to occur after PVR Manager has been fully initialized and is requesting data
  • Wait for initial discoveries to complete before responding to individual PVR Manager data requests (channels, timers, recordings)
  • (Windows) Limit wait for IPv4 network connectivity during wakeup to one minute
  • Trigger a timer update when notified that the Kodi EPG "days to display" setting(s) have been changed
  • Remove "Startup discovery task delay" advanced setting
  • Remove "Reset discovery database" PVR Client Specific setting
  • Fix bug preventing selection of a non-writable path as a valid EDL file location
  • Rename "EDL file path" EDL setting to "Primary EDL file path"
  • Add secondary and tertiary "Additional EDL file path" EDL settings
  • Fix bug that caused modification of recording rule back to default value(s) from being properly applied
  • Change grace period to determine when to show an episode repeat indicator to 48 hours after the original air date timestamp
Let's add a Matrix build as well ...

Downloads for Krypton (OneDrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-jIMuSvp ... w?e=qOLLa1
Downloads for Leia (OneDrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-jIMvbr8 ... A?e=m1VM3c
Downloads for Matrix (OneDrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-jIMwkvo ... A?e=UiYbsy

NEW: Change grace period to determine when to show an episode repeat indicator to 48 hours after the original air date timestamp

As requested, the grace period for showing an episode with [R] after the name in Recordings and in the EPG has been increased to 48 hours. The delta between "Original Air Date" and "Start Time" has seemingly become a little less reliable and as a result the PVR has been showing too many episodes with an [R] indicator. Note that you must Clear Data on the Kodi Guide data for this to change for information already in the EPG. This also requires you to have the General setting "Append repeat indicators to applicable episode names" enabled in the PVR addon configuration; it defaults to OFF.

My intention is to let this be the last BETA release for 2.4.0 and get this formalized and out over the weekend, perhaps on Sunday 11/3. Regardless of that, always please let me know of any feature requests so I can add them to the "backlog" and not forget about them.

I sincerely appreciate everyone that takes the time out of their day to manually install these things and help me make sure they look good enough to send out. <takes off hat and bows slightly in your general direction>

ddejager

Post by ddejager » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:32 am

Thanks for the 48 hour [R] change. It seems to more properly report reruns now for me. I've not noticed any other issues so far with beta3

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:33 pm

I actually meant to post this last night, but now works too. Welcome Matrix!

Version 2.4.0 (2019.11.01)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.30.1
  • Enforce previously relaxed rules regarding invalid JSON data retrieved from the backend and/or local devices
  • Limit EPG data requests to no more than 24 hours into the future if no devices with DVR authorization where discovered
  • Refactor recordings database table to key on auto-generated recording identifier(s) and improve query performance
  • Improve performance of Recorded TV last played (resume) position operations
  • Display prompt indicating that an individual episode timer cannot be removed from a series recording rule
  • Trigger an automatic recording discovery to occur 15 seconds after a new recording rule has been added
  • Trigger initial discovery operations to occur after PVR Manager has been fully initialized and is requesting data
  • Wait for initial discoveries to complete before responding to individual PVR Manager data requests (channels, timers, recordings)
  • (Windows) Limit wait for IPv4 network connectivity during wakeup to one minute
  • Trigger a timer update when notified that the Kodi EPG "days to display" setting(s) have been changed
  • Remove "Startup discovery task delay" advanced setting
  • Remove "Reset discovery database" PVR Client Specific setting
  • Fix bug preventing selection of a non-writable path as a valid EDL file location
  • Rename "EDL file path" EDL setting to "Primary EDL file path"
  • Add secondary and tertiary "Additional EDL file path" EDL settings
  • Fix bug that caused modification of a recording rule back to a default value(s) from being properly applied on the backend
  • Change grace period to determine when to show an episode repeat indicator to 48 hours after the original air date timestamp
Downloads: NOTE: There is no Universal Windows (UWP/XBox) .APPX release for Kodi 19 Matrix, there are no .APPX files available to use as the basis for them at this time.

Auto-update for Matrix is live as well. Moving forward you should be able to receive updates on that platform. Of course Matrix is in Alpha status right now, but I'll do what I can to keep the PVR up to date enough to use as they move forward on that release. I'll get the wiki updated properly over the weekend for Matrix, you might notice the Leia splash screen is on the Matrix page, for example :)

Otherwise, I've posted about this one like 5 times, I'll let y'all scroll up if you want any gory details. It's a big update and behaves a little different at startup, but it should be in a good way.

Let me know of any questions/issues/etc -- and most of all, enjoy. I hope it works well for everyone.

breezytm

Post by breezytm » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Pardon me in advance for asking this. Perhaps a few people have asked I am sure but so many pages to go through. Does this add-on allow remote access?

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Not in and of itself, but there are remote access solutions for Kodi that should work. If you mean controlling it, that is. Watching streams over the internet would be a different thing.

Oof got censored sorry SD! Other company name removed.

breezytm

Post by breezytm » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Watching the stream remotely.

timecutter

Post by timecutter » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks for adding multiple edl support. Much appreciated!

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:20 pm

timecutter wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:38 pm
Thanks for adding multiple edl support. Much appreciated!
My pleasure! Sorry it took so long. Let me know if you need more than 3 locations total.

Also if you are in Leia switch to a nightly if you haven't already, EDL is working again post 18.4.

If on Krypton, I noted that the only way to remove an EDL directory setting is to reset the entire page to defaults, too. Pressing DEL like in Leia no workie.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:21 pm

breezytm wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Watching the stream remotely.
Sorry, no support for anything Kodi and/or HDHomeRun DVR can't do. The add-on is a go between that just sits in the middle, it doesn't add any unique features.

breezytm

Post by breezytm » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Understood. thanks

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Is anyone out here having any problems on POSIX systems (Linux/Android/OSX) with discovery errors when you first start up because the network isn't available? I finally found a decent solution to checking for this on POSIX and have already incorporated it into the "next release". If you have problems with this, I would love to issue a BETA set of ZIPs to see if the changes I made solve your problem.

The only time I've seen this is on a RPi 3b running Libreelec -- if you haven't used the system for a while it seems to take a few seconds for it to connect to the network. This change combats that by waiting for IPv4 to be running (no longer than 10 seconds, though) before kicking off all of the initial discovery tasks.

With that, I couldn't duplicate the problem with the new v2.4.0 anyway; deferring discovery until the point where Kodi first asks for something appears to have added just the right amount of delay. If after updating to v2.4.0 you no longer see any issues with this too, there is nothing to report :)

djp952

Post by djp952 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:55 pm

No problems at all with v2.4.0? Let's see if we can fix that with v2.4.1 :)

Version 2.4.1 (2019.11.13)
  • Update cURL library to version 7.67.0
  • (Windows/Linux/Android/OSX) Wait up to 10 seconds for IPv4 network connectivity before executing startup discovery tasks
  • (Linux/OSX) Wait up to one minute for IPv4 network connectivity before executing wakeup discovery tasks
  • (Leia/Matrix) Report a fixed length (32KiB) stream chunk size to Kodi regardless of "DVR stream read chunk size" setting value
  • (Leia/Matrix) Rename "DVR stream read chunk size" advanced setting back to "DVR stream read operation minimum size"
  • Treat "Audio" Recorded TV category mapping as "Series"; avoids creation of "Audio" folder in Recorded TV
Downloads: The most significant change here isn't in the change log -- Android builds for all platforms have been updated to use the CLANG compiler instead of GCC. I tested this pretty thoroughly and ran into zero difficulties, but please let me know if you find your situation to be otherwise.

I finally figured out a reliable way on POSIX to detect IPv4 connectivity (based on something in libhdhomerun - thank you SD!) so that's finally in here, and does solve my RPi 3 LibreELEC issue to that effect. Also working with gibxxi on some continuing issues with audio-only streams revealed a couple more minor things that could be improved. On Leia/Matrix, the PVR will now ask Kodi to use the same buffer size it used on Krypton (32KiB), which allows the PVR to send more data along if it has it. I don't expect this to make a noticeable impact for anyone, but on paper it improves performance a tad. The sample audio-only recording I got access to also had a new category of "audio", which has now been mapped to "series" (like "news" was), so if you had an "audio" folder in your Recorded TV view, that should be gone now.

This might be it for the year if nothing new comes up. As always I hope the addon is treating you well and getting the job done, I trust you will let me know if that isn't the case, OK?

Enjoy!

dugiehowsa

Post by dugiehowsa » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:37 am

Occasionally, I find that an alternative audio stream is selected while viewing a channel. For example, occasionally the Spanish broadcast audio is selected during NFL broadcasts.

In order to switch it back, I need to stop the PVR client, and open the official SD Kodi Addon to change the audio settings.

https://ibb.co/HxnRLgz
https://ibb.co/vLMCkmD
https://ibb.co/4YddLKz

Is there a way to expose the audio and video settings in the PVR client so that I don't have to go into another addon to change the settings?