New FireTV cube is buttery smooth

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
konrad999

New FireTV cube is buttery smooth

Post by konrad999 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Got the new FireTV cube last night. Wow! What a difference. That hexacore processor really makes a difference. Once I installed the hdhomerun app, the channels were skipping until I disabled ac3 pass through.
Bringing up the channel menu is very quick, channel changing is quick and look sharp, no skipping and no more interlacing.

EddieP

Re: New FireTV cube is buttery smooth

Post by EddieP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:11 pm

konrad999 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:26 pm
Got the new FireTV cube last night. Wow! What a difference. That hexacore processor really makes a difference. Once I installed the hdhomerun app, the channels were skipping until I disabled ac3 pass through.
Bringing up the channel menu is very quick, channel changing is quick and look sharp, no skipping and no more interlacing.
Just got mine after a delay ... great sound and picture. Recognized my entertainment system no problem..... no delay in sound when using surround sound like the shield has.

HDHRBevo

Re: New FireTV cube is buttery smooth

Post by HDHRBevo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:31 pm

konrad999 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:26 pm
Wow! What a difference. That hexacore processor really makes a difference...
If you don't mind me asking, are you comparing the Gen 2 to the Gen 1 cube or some other Fire TV device?

Thanks
Gary