Planned recordings don't occur - dcalder

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
dcalder
Device ID: 131A7D9D HDHR3-CC

Planned recordings don't occur - dcalder

Post by dcalder » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:05 am

Rebooting, reinstalling server/client, and rerunning set up multiple times did not work for me. I have the same problem after the windows update yesterday.

I have a standard windows 10 setup with an external USB drive. My second device,a win 10 laptop client also shows the same active DVR account, but no access to recording and no new recording. My power DVD client sees and plays previous shows.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Planned recordings don't occur - dcalder

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Your issue appears to be related to something that changed in a Windows Update that was released last week. We are investigating to see what Microsoft changed that is causing problems. Until we are able to figure it out, uninstalling the most recent Windows Update should restore normal DVR functionality.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am

I've been told that we have an update for the Windows 10 app store that will update the viewer app to fix the issue of DVR listings not showing up when the DVR is on the same PC. The update should go out shortly, as soon as it is approved by MS.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 am

The updated app has been published on Microsoft app store.

To update please open the Microsoft Store and go into Downloads and Updates.

Nick

dcalder
Device ID: 131A7D9D HDHR3-CC

Post by dcalder » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:21 am

That did it. I can see all my recordings now and the new ones that recorded this morning.

Must drive you crazy the way Microsoft does this to companies that build Windows applications and apps.

Thanks for the quick response.