Progress bar

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
cqcq42

Progress bar

Post by cqcq42 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:34 pm

I like the new progress bar on playback.
Some suggestions:
On the vertical tick on the progress bar, show the elapsed time on the left rather than the right and the remaining time on the right.
When you are starting to watch a show that is still recording, the green line should show different colors for what's been recorded and what's remaining. Kind of like the already watched bar on the list of recorded shows - although both could use a bit more contrast.
Currently there is a bug while watching what's being recorded: you can repeatedly use the jump next (fast forward) feature to go past what has actually been recorded - all the way to the end. Then, after a few seconds, the tick returns to the real-time position.
It would also be nice to click on the watching progress line to jump to any time.

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: Progress bar

Post by leerandall » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I would also like to suggest that the new timeline be moved to a line by itself below the current control bar.

Also, as I suggested in another thread, it would be helpful to add seconds to the "current position" marker for live TV instead of just the current hour and minutes as it is now.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:30 am

cqcq42 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:34 pm
I like the new progress bar on playback.
Some suggestions:
On the vertical tick on the progress bar, show the elapsed time on the left rather than the right and the remaining time on the right.
When you are starting to watch a show that is still recording, the green line should show different colors for what's been recorded and what's remaining. Kind of like the already watched bar on the list of recorded shows - although both could use a bit more contrast.
Currently there is a bug while watching what's being recorded: you can repeatedly use the jump next (fast forward) feature to go past what has actually been recorded - all the way to the end. Then, after a few seconds, the tick returns to the real-time position.
It would also be nice to click on the watching progress line to jump to any time.
I've moved this conversation to the New UI area.

Regarding putting two times on the tick, that would be pretty tricky. At the moment, we have the tick going all the way to the right and left to indicate when a show is started and finished. If we put times on both sides, they'd start overlapping other indicators. I'm open to this idea, just not sure how to do it in a way that looks good.

Thanks for the bug note! I'd seen that behavior before, but forgot to note it.

shoman94

Post by shoman94 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:17 pm

I love the new progress bar as it is. It was needed for quite some time! Can't make everyone happy.

red5908

Post by red5908 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 am

The green line in the FTV 4K is thinner with no decernibly different color on the left compared to how it appears on the Xbox One S.