A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
speedingcheetah

Re: When the Prime 6 comes out, how many are you planning on getting

Post by speedingcheetah »

nickk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:16 pm
It was on this very fourm that one of you stated that a certain gen was known for weak tuners
No. All HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC) units use the same tuners and RF input stage. The RF performance exceeds cable industry certification goals and every unit is RF tested at factory.
speedingcheetah wrote:
The tuners gradualy failed. they "work" but cut out or have weak degrading signal, or just wont load at times, i still have one of the failed units in a box in my closet.
That seems very odd. Any chance you can send it to us for analysis? (including the power adapter)

I am still using my HDHomeRun PRIME from 2011.

Nick
What good would that do for you now, that model is EOL, not being made anymore, far as I knew. So "analyzing" would do nothing to improve on anything...
How about focusing on manufacturing the Prime 6 Tuner eh?...lolz.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm
What good would that do for you now, that model is EOL, not being made anymore, far as I knew. So "analyzing" would do nothing to improve on anything...
Offering to help. We will do our best to analyze and repair so you can use it again.

speedingcheetah

nickk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm
Offering to help. We will do our best to analyze and repair so you can use it again.
If u want to send me a pre-paid label .....I am not certain if I have the power adapter that went to it...may have gotten mixed up with all myother adpaters< did it have the HDHR logo on it?

LSExt2016

Post by LSExt2016 »

nickk wrote:
speedingcheetah wrote:
It was on this very fourm that one of you stated that a certain gen was known for weak tuners
No. All HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC) units use the same tuners and RF input stage. The RF performance exceeds cable industry certification goals and every unit is RF tested at factory.
speedingcheetah wrote:
The tuners gradualy failed. they "work" but cut out or have weak degrading signal, or just wont load at times, i still have one of the failed units in a box in my closet.
That seems very odd. Any chance you can send it to us for analysis? (including the power adapter)

Nick
[removed by moderator - see forum rules]

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

LSExt2016 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 pm
nickk wrote:
speedingcheetah wrote:
speedingcheetah wrote:

Nick
LOL

speedingcheetah

Rickt1962 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm
LSExt2016 wrote:
nickk wrote:

Nick
LOL
yea. they offer to help, but then I get no response when i take them up on it. gotten nothing back from DM either. sure it off topic here, but they offered...i'm still waiting.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

speedingcheetah wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:02 pm
Rickt1962 wrote:
LSExt2016 wrote:

LOL
yea. they offer to help, but then I get no response when i take them up on it. gotten nothing back from DM either. sure it off topic here, but they offered...i'm still waiting.
What on earth are you even talking about?

speedingcheetah

NedS wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:13 pm
speedingcheetah wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:02 pm
Rickt1962 wrote:

LOL
What on earth are you even talking about?
i see the past messages have been removed or heavily edited by mods...;ut the post is #15637

one of your SD employees a "nickk" posted in response to my stating that i have a failed/degraded Prime, an offer to have it sent it in to service to be analyzed and repaired if needed. I replied back asking how is that possible as it been said else where that the hardware is no longer made no longer available. A short time later, i dug out the Prime and the Power adapter, sent a DM to him, taking him up on offer.....silence.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I can look into that for you, but I don't see what it has to do with the post you quoted.

speedingcheetah

NedS wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:26 pm
I can look into that for you, but I don't see what it has to do with the post you quoted.
because the post that post was quoting contained the post i am referring to in the chain...someon posts "lol" to the whole thing.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

speedingcheetah - drop a quick email to support@silicondust.com and reference this thread/nickk - the team there will provide an RMA form and flag it for review so my team gets the unit when it is sent in.

Nick

speedingcheetah

nickk wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm
speedingcheetah - drop a quick email to support@silicondust.com and reference this thread/nickk - the team there will provide an RMA form and flag it for review so my team gets the unit when it is sent in.

Nick
Done.....

However, note that i have dont that 2x before in the past. Once shortly after it failed on me, then about a year later....never got a response.
I just bought a new one when it failed, as they were still sold at Microcenter at the time....now, cant find them new anywhere...
the one i have hasn't had any issues, but not sure what can be done with the old one

Edit: Auto reply received: ticket #129035

sevlex

Post by sevlex »

I have been breathlessly awaiting the prime6 since it was first announced.

Sadly, so much time has elapsed and conditions have changed that I finally kicked Comcast tv to the curb and went with all streaming. Therefore, the need for the new tuner is now mooted. I will box up my hdhr3-cc and store in case I decide to ever return to cable tv.

If the prime6 had come out in the past year I would have bought it (and retired it now). Unless there is a way to make it streaming-compatible the market may have already passed it by.

speedingcheetah

sevlex wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:22 am
I have been breathlessly awaiting the prime6 since it was first announced.

Sadly, so much time has elapsed and conditions have changed that I finally kicked Comcast tv to the curb and went with all streaming. Therefore, the need for the new tuner is now mooted. I will box up my hdhr3-cc and store in case I decide to ever return to cable tv.

If the prime6 had come out in the past year I would have bought it (and retired it now). Unless there is a way to make it streaming-compatible the market may have already passed it by.
Yea. I too have been trying out and meticulous comparing all the big and smaller live tv streaming services.
There is no one service that has all the channs/network i want and have with CATV from Comcast. (Hulu Live TV and Fubu TV are the 2 closest).
But the cost of "cord cutting" is not that appealing anymore, as those services keep going up in price (Philo the only cheap hold out at $20). ANd still have their cons and limits.
Having a local tuner, that connects to home Media Server/DVR like Plex/Emby/Channels, is just SO much more powerful and convenient, at least it has been, but is starting to not be....i really like having a normal .mp4 of shows so i can make my own "rips" / archive of show i like, no files are locked to some service/device or go away in say 30 days etc.

ALso, with Channels DVR, one has the ability to add TVE (TV Everywhere) connection, where u enter in your provider and it gives u access to online web streams from many networks and integrates them into the DVR software same as from normal tuner, with full DVR ability etc.
I have this set as primary tuner over the Prime, so if i tune to one of the chans that has a web stream, it use that first.
No tuner restrictions to worry about and other benefits. (streaming services login also provide some access to TVE streams)

Would be a good thing for SD to do something with TVE...that is the future of home media server connectivity, as folks are more and more getting rid of cable tv and the hardware that goes with it, to IPTV/Streaming based services.

With the ability to connect TVE to my chosen media server software, I no longer really need a 6 tuner Cable Card Tuner...cause most of my channels i can watch via the web stream channel option.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

speedingcheetah wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:02 pm
NedS wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:26 pm
because the post that post was quoting contained the post i am referring to in the chain...someon posts "lol" to the whole thing.
My apologies, I got all turned around with the quotes. For a moment I thought everyone had gone crazy, but that appears to just be me :)

Our RMA team should be sending you a shipping label on Monday.