Windows 10 app results in download error

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
wellywu

Windows 10 app results in download error

Post by wellywu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:48 pm

I searched this forum a few minutes ago and I know that someone from SiliconDust posted a solution, but it does not work for me. I own a mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC and I run Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909. I own a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro and an Antop AT-402B. I installed the software for Microsoft Windows, but I am having problems to download and install the Windows 10 app. It keeps saying download error with a code that means nothing to me. I did WSReset.exe and I enabled developer options -> sideload apps, but I can not get the HDHomeRun Windows 10 app to download and install successfully. I did successfully download and install it on my mid-2017 ASUS ROG STRIX GL702ZC gaming notebook PC and mid-2018 Huawei Matebook X Pro ultrabook with no problems. I performed sfc /scannow and dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and no corruption or errors showed up. I know I reset the Windows Store app within Apps in the Settings menu as well. I need help to get the HDHomeRun Windows 10 app to download and install successfully on my AVA Direct gaming desktop PC soon. Thanks.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Windows 10 app results in download error

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 pm

What is the error code you get?

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:57 pm

This is the error code:

Code: 0x80246019

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Have you tried creating another user account on the computer and installing in there?

Do you have any third-party antivirus, firewall, or security software installed?

Have you confirmed that the date, time, and timezone are set correctly?

Have you checked the Services component to make sure necessary services have not been disabled? To do that, open services.msc and check to make sure the necessary services are set the the correct startup type:
Background Intelligence Transfer service (Manual)
Cryptographic Services (Automatic)
Microsoft Store Install Service (Manual)
Windows Installer (Manual)
Windows License Manager Service (Manual)
Windows Modules Installer (Manual)
Windows Update (Manual)

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:21 pm

I have two Microsoft accounts. My primary one is an administrator account. My secondary one is a standard account. I tried to download and install HDHomeRun on both accounts and it resulted in the same error code and failed. I use Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus; this software product is installed on my two laptops and HDHomeRun installed using my second Microsoft account just fine. I checked the services, date and time and all look correct. I ran sfc /scannow and dism.exe /online /checkup-image /restorehealth and no problems. I reset the Windows Store using Microsoft PowerShell using Administrator privileges and I reset it under Settings -> Apps. SiliconDust's HDHomeRun will not download and install on my mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC as a Windows 10 desktop app at this point. Now what else are my options? Should I reinstall Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1903 or 1909 from scratch? Is that really necessary and will it work if I do that or will I run into the same problem?

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 am

I used Easeus To-Do Backup Free Edition 11.5 64 bit to restore a previous disk image of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1903 on my mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC. After uninstalling, installing and updating key software titles, I was able to download and install the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Windows 10 desktop app successfully. I can watch live television using my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro product and my Antop AT-402B antenna in my bedroom at my apartment. Please close this thread. Thank you.

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:47 am

I opted into the Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Insider Program and I selected Release Preview. I just updated to Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909 on my mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC. The SiliconDust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 desktop app is installed and it just works. I can watch live television programming just fine. This is solved.