Sound issues - Kendog52361

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Kendog52361

Sound issues - Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 pm

I have a similar issue. I just got everything installed and running, and while I can play protected channels on the Windows 10 App, it's not playing any audio. Or, to be a bit more specific, tonight, during Game 5 of the ALDS, it was playing, or I think I was hearing the "surrounding sounds", but I wasn't hearing any of the commentators talking, at all. I now have the channel on another channel, that isn't protected, and it's playing just fine, including the audio. I went back to FS1, the protected channel, and it was still silent, with no audio.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Sound issues - Kendog52361

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Check your speaker configuration in Windows settings and make sure you have the correct number of speakers set. Sometimes Windows will randomly decide you have 6 speakers connected. If you only have 2, you'll lose everything in the center and surrounds. On a proper 5.1 mix, the commentators will be completely in the center channels, so you'll lose them entirely in that case. Once set to the correct number of speakers, the 5.1 will get downmixed to stereo and play properly. If you do have a 6 speaker setup, then your center channel is probably unplugged.