HD Homerun Apps are Messing up on My Shield & Fire TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
RockstartTx88

HD Homerun Apps are Messing up on My Shield & Fire TV

Post by RockstartTx88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi, my family has lashed out on me for how the hd homerun is running lately. I have the following:

Hdhomerun Prime
Nvidia Shield
Fire TV 2nd gen

Everything is connected ethernet and these are some of my issues:

1.) Watching a show like CBS sometimes will play with no sound. The only way I can fix this is to close the app and re-open it.
2.) On the live channels app on the shield, I get the same issue, and have to do the same thing. I do realize that sometimes my family leaves the tv running, and the shield goes to sleep, and when I wake it up and go back to the live channels app, the loading circle just spins when trying to change a channel.
3.) On the fire tv, sometimes out of no where it will just close the app and go to the amazon homescreen.
4.) Sometimes my channels are missing every few months on the guide (for example CBS in hd), so I have to rescan all the channels again on the prime.

Would appreciate if someone from SD could reach out and help me. I called several times and left a message, and no one has returned my call. Really put me and my family in a inconvenience right now.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HD Homerun Apps are Messing up on My Shield & Fire TV

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:44 pm

For the sound issue, is that happening on both the Shield and the Fire TV or just one of them?

Does it happen immediately when you tune the channel, or does it play for a while then the audio just disappears? If the latter, is there anything in particular that seems to trigger it (e.g. when it plays certain commercials)?

If you select the SAP button on the toolbar, does that change anything?

What is outputting the audio? TV speakers, surround sound system, etc.? How is everything connected together?

When you get the app closing on the Fire TV, does it work if you go right back in or do you have to reboot it to get things working again?

Do you have the latest beta firmware installed on your HDHomeRun?

RockstartTx88

Re: HD Homerun Apps are Messing up on My Shield & Fire TV

Post by RockstartTx88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 pm

For the sound issue, is that happening on both the Shield and the Fire TV or just one of them?
On both.
Does it happen immediately when you tune the channel, or does it play for a while then the audio just disappears? If the latter, is there anything in particular that seems to trigger it (e.g. when it plays certain commercials)?
Immediately. Like lets say you put the fire tv or shield to sleep or turn off your tv, you turn it back on and the channel will come on and play with no sound. So I have to end up closing the app and reopening. Sometimes my family will pause then play using the hdhomerun app. We have close to 200mbps wired ethernet with a orbi setup.
If you select the SAP button on the toolbar, does that change anything?
Haven't tried that.
What is outputting the audio? TV speakers, surround sound system, etc.? How is everything connected together?

Just a tv, nothing extra. One is a regular hd lg, the other is older sony tv.
When you get the app closing on the Fire TV, does it work if you go right back in or do you have to reboot it to get things working again?
It works again. It just closes randomly without pressing anything.

Do you have the latest beta firmware installed on your HDHomeRun?
I have: Firmware: 20170930

It also says "Installation instructions
Firmware Upgrade
Release 20190621 is ready to install..."

Some diagnostics:

Card Manufacturer Cisco
Card Authentication success
Card Validation success
3DES encryption supported
OOB Frequency 105.000 MHz
OOB Lock 1.544 Mbps
Signal Strength 92% (-4.9 dBmV)