No Homerun DVR detected

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
DaSlug

No Homerun DVR detected

Post by DaSlug » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:15 pm

I have had a Connect Duo for a couple of years now and it has worked fine until recently. My previously recorded shows are not showing up and there is no record option on the live tv and when I go to myhomerun.com, it says that no DVR is detected. When I click on get DVR software, it says that I have already purchased the software (which I have). When I check on the status of my license, it says that it is unassigned. Not sure what that means, but there is no option to assign it, as far as I know.
Looked through the forums and can't find any answers there. The live TV and schedule work fine.
Thanks,
Jim

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: No Homerun DVR detected

Post by jasonl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:39 pm

What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?

onepaintedlady

Post by onepaintedlady » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:21 pm

Same here. My renewal was up but golly gee, I did not receive a renewal notice; just cut off. Had to jump through the hoops once again to get it through my NAS but HD Homerun doesn't find it, yet anyway. We'll see tomorrow.

DaSlug

Post by DaSlug » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 am

jasonl wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:39 pm
What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?
104B62E4 Connect

DaSlug

Post by DaSlug » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm

I've been happy with my DVR service up until now. There are other options out there and if I can't get this worked out, I will switch to something else. While I do appreciate the expertise of fellow users, I am not very impressed with the support from SiliconDust.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Your DVR software isn't running currently and hasn't been for over a week. Also, it was an 18 month old version even when it was running. Recommend you download and install the latest beta HDHomeRun software for Windows from https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... s_beta.exe . When HDHomeRun Setup open at the end of the wizard, go to the DVR tab, uncheck and re-check the box to use the PC for recording and click OK/Finish. Then check to see if your DVR is available.