Love to see a Premium TV Replacement

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
Aveamantium

Love to see a Premium TV Replacement

Post by Aveamantium » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 am

Looks like the Loveland/Fort Collins area here in Colorado is moving toward a locally run Fiber Internet service (Yeah!). Unfortunately that means deciding what to do with TV if I drop my current cable provider. As such, I was wondering if there are any plans to "Re-Imagine" Premium TV at a future date?

Thanks!

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Re: Love to see a Premium TV Replacement

Post by ACraigo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am

Aveamantium wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 am
Looks like the Loveland/Fort Collins area here in Colorado is moving toward a locally run Fiber Internet service (Yeah!). Unfortunately that means deciding what to do with TV if I drop my current cable provider. As such, I was wondering if there are any plans to "Re-Imagine" Premium TV at a future date?

Thanks!
I'm trying to imagine what that would be like, but are there any of those 'Providers' still walkin' around?

'Internet TV' solutions are available, of course, just throw enough money around and you have everything you want, but it's Their TV, Their Way, so... yea..

Channels DVR is developing integration with TV Everywhere - obvious caveats abound.

A reliable, affordable solution to all the mess has yet to surface.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Channels DVR along with HDHomeRun OTA tuners plus a streaming service like Philo is a great option.

spencer777

Post by spencer777 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 pm

+3 for Channels. I use Spectrum, but if you want the most Tv everywhere apps supported service I would use PlayStation Vue and it’s easy to get a discount.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm

ACraigo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am
Aveamantium wrote:

Thanks!
I'm trying to imagine what that would be like, but are there any of those 'Providers' still walkin' around?

'Internet TV' solutions are available, of course, just throw enough money around and you have everything you want, but it's Their TV, Their Way, so... yea..

Channels DVR is developing integration with TV Everywhere - obvious caveats abound.

I'm petty sure that Channels DVR integration TV Everywhere will not be around much longer

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 am

shspvr wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm
ACraigo wrote:
Aveamantium wrote:

Thanks!

I'm petty sure that Channels DVR integration TV Everywhere will not be around much longer
What makes you think that I am sure that Philo YoutubeTV etc ... has signed up new users due to Channels DVR... Besides you have nothing to lose if you signup ... you can cancel Channels DVR or your streaming service any time. So I recommend Philo $20 (58 Channels) ... Channels DVR $8 a month with a Silicondust Quatro for OTA.. You can cancel anytime.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am

EddieP wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 am
shspvr wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm
ACraigo wrote:

What makes you think that I am sure that Philo YoutubeTV etc ... has signed up new users due to Channels DVR... Besides you have nothing to lose of you signup ... you can cancel Channels DVR or your streaming service any time. So I recommend Philo $20 Channels DVR $8 a month with a Silicondust Quatro for OTA.. You can cancel anytime.
Have you read your User Agreement on Philo, YoutubeTV and etc ?.
I'm mot worry about the money but it dose become a major inconvenience later on, and it all ready violate all TV Steaming Terms of Service under Your Use of the Services in reference to no copying and redistribution and participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any portion of the Steaming service Property. It just a matter of time before they to get shut down so say goodbye your access.
So unless that TV Steaming service had made an office announcement that it partner with Channel DVR service to use there service in that way I wouldn't go risk it.
It not much diff then what happen here with Premium TV so hopefully one day we see a Premium TV Replacement here but I kind of doubt it.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:18 am

Playon has been doing the exact same thing for years.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 am

EddieP wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:18 am
Playon is just software driven screen capture I can do petty much do the same with HD-PVR but with real-time encoding hardware.
Beside Playon don't work over Philo, HuluTV or YoutubeTV

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am

shspvr wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 am
EddieP wrote:
Playon is just software driven screen capture I can do petty much do the same with HD-PVR but with real-time encoding hardware.
Hulu is supported.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am

EddieP wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am
shspvr wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 am
EddieP wrote:
Hulu is supported.
There to two Hulu reg Hulu and Hulu TV the Live TV service and do believe LiveTV is not support EddieP

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Discussion of the Channels DVR TVE service is off-topic for this forum. Please use the their forums to discuss their service. https://community.getchannels.com/c/cha ... everywhere

shspvr, your understanding of how the Channels TVE stuff works is incorrect; you should read more on their forums about how it actually works.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:20 pm

jasonlpost_id=350074 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:14 pm
Discussion of the Channels DVR TVE service is off-topic for this forum. Please use the their forums to discuss their service. https://community.getchannels.com/c/cha ... everywhere

shspvr, your understanding of how the Channels TVE stuff works is incorrect; you should read more on their forums about how it actually works.
Of course I know how it work as it as req credentials login which key ingredient for it to work with what ever traditional Sat or Cable Provider we have or what ever OTT provider we have.
For example you basic login in to Philo service in order for it save credentials login once that done then Channel DVR can reused that credentials login and become UI and IPTV and intercepting the video steam essentially bypassing then.
That doesn't change the fact if read Terms of Service like for Philo under line 4: Your Use of the Services and all other.
So jasonl have you seen one traditional Sat or Cable Provider or even one OTT provider make any kind public partnership announcement saying it OK with Channel DVR ?, Because if they did I'm sure many more people would be happy to join them in heart beat, I beat possible by end of next year one of big studio is going to go after Channel DVR sooner or later but then who maybe get lucky as just about everyday I heard something new on torrentfreak.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 pm

The streams aren't coming from the OTT/cable/satellite providers, they're coming from the channels themselves.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am

jasonl wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 pm
The streams aren't coming from the OTT/cable/satellite providers, they're coming from the channels themselves.
It doesn't matter where the steam it self is coming from and by way Philo is all in house as all of it is owners by A&E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery Inc. and Viacom and soon CBS so they own them channels themselves.
I agree some other OTT/cable/satellite providers don't but I sure it still has go thru additional authenticate process at broadcasting network corporation steaming services that sent back a ok reply to them OTT/cable/satellite providers.

Beside all of us here would love to see Premium TV Return come back surely SiliconDust is work on something at I hope so.
Have nice day jasonl let end the discussion here.