Uninstall DVR service from WD Passport

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
topdavis

Uninstall DVR service from WD Passport

Post by topdavis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 am

I purchased a Servio device, but my recordings are going to both the Servio and the WD NAS. How do I uninstall the DVR component on the WD NAS and just send recordings to the Servio device?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Uninstall DVR service from WD Passport

Post by nickk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 am

Hi,

You have the option of using both the SERVIO and the NAS - the two will work together to give you the combined space.

Note that the NAS needs to be running the latest record engine for this to work - go to http://my.hdhomerun.com/ to check things are up to date.

If you don't want to use the NAS...
MyCloud multi drive - go to the NAS device webpage, Apps tab, select HDHomeRun RECORD and turn off.
MyCloud single drive - this may require some ssh commands... let me know if you have a single drive MyCloud.
Other WDC NAS products - rebooting the NAS should stop the record engine.

Nick

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:52 am

On top of that the user may wish to add RecordStreamsMax=0 in the hdhomerun.conf file if they wish to serve their previously recorded content to the clients.

topdavis

Post by topdavis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

I have a single drive device and I tried running - 'del_apkg hdhomerun_dvr' and I get the error 'bash: del_apkg: comand not found'

I just want the Servio recording as when you hit record now, both the Servio and the WD use a tuner leaving only one available tuner.

Thanks.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:08 am

If you want to keep your old recordings on the NAS accessible, use the NAS Install in HDHomeRun Setup on Windows to update to the latest DVR software on the NAS, then edit the hdhomerun.conf file in the recording directory and add a line that says:

Code: Select all

RecordStreamsMax=0
Then reboot the NAS. Your old recordings will remain available on the NAS, but new recordings will only happen on the SERVIO.

If you don't care about having access to your old recordings, just delete the hdhomerun_record and hdhomerun.conf files in the recording directory and reboot the NAS.

topdavis

Post by topdavis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Thanks.