Servio and Scribe

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
shspvr

Re: Servio and Scribe

Post by shspvr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:10 pm

NedS wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:08 pm
In theory, it's only limited by how many devices and how much traffic your network can handle. If only a small handful (four or five people, so maybe 10 or so streams at any given time when counting playback and possibly recording) of viewers are active at any one time, dozens of SERVIOs could be connected to a single consumer gig ethernet network without issue. Any bottlenecks in that set up could be solved by simply upgrading the network equipment to handle a larger load.
Cool just wanted to be sure that was the case

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 pm

shspvr wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:49 pm
And what how many Servio can be add as each one become full
Let say the goal for (1) HDHomeRun Scribe Quatro plus (1) Connect Quatro and (2) Servio for now then grow up to (6) Servio given us total space of about 13TB give or take.
That would work - the 6 SERVIOs and 1 SCRIBE QUATRO would give you 13TB of space and the 1 SCRIBE QUATRO + 1 CONNECT QUATRO would give you 8 tuners.

The SCRIBE and the SERVIOs can record from any of the 8 tuners and they agree amongst themselves which one should do each the recording.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks to everyone in this thread, and various questions asked elsewhere, we now have a pretty good SCRIBE/SERVIO FAQ: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/scribe_servio_faq

Let me know if you think anything else should be added.

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Will we be notified when the Servio units ship?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Yes, you'll get one email when the order is marked as completed in the shop, and another later that day from Fedex with tracking information.

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:56 pm

jasonl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Yes, you'll get one email when the order is marked as completed in the shop, and another later that day from Fedex with tracking information.
Ok, will they be shipped soon? I thought they would be ready by June 30th?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Keep an eye on your email tomorrow.

shspvr

Post by shspvr » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 pm

rrussis82 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:56 pm
jasonl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Ok, will they be shipped soon? I thought they would be ready by June 30th?
I'm sure many of them where ship out today and more going out tomorrow it take time hold your hoses

kimck99

Post by kimck99 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello SD Team,

I placed a pre-order on June 5th for the Servio. The credit card I used for the pre-order had a fraudulent charge 2 weeks ago so the CC company cancelled and issued a new card. Well, June 30th comes around and I checked my pre-order and the status of my order is marked as FAILED. I tried the PAY option from the ORDER menu and got this message:

"Sorry, we do not have enough "Pre-Order HDHomeRun SERVIO (P/N: HHDD-2TB) (manual 42)" in stock to fulfill your order (0 available). We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

I sent an emails to sales@silicondust.com with my predicament. I haven't heard. I am very much looking forward to the Servio and I fear that I lost my place in the pre-order queue. Can you advise if indeed I am SOL and need to wait for the product to be in stock?

My order number is 619157

Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm

kimck99 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:04 pm
I placed a pre-order on June 5th for the Servio. The credit card I used for the pre-order had a fraudulent charge 2 weeks ago so the CC company cancelled and issued a new card. Well, June 30th comes around and I checked my pre-order and the status of my order is marked as FAILED. I tried the PAY option from the ORDER menu and got this message:

"Sorry, we do not have enough "Pre-Order HDHomeRun SERVIO (P/N: HHDD-2TB) (manual 42)" in stock to fulfill your order (0 available). We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

I sent an emails to sales@silicondust.com with my predicament. I haven't heard. I am very much looking forward to the Servio and I fear that I lost my place in the pre-order queue. Can you advise if indeed I am SOL and need to wait for the product to be in stock?

Hi,

I can see what went wrong. In this unique situation the best approach is to create a new order for a SERVIO and leave the old order as failed, then send the new order number to support so they will get it prioritized.

Nick

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Nickk, Just curious. I see the Servio and Scribe Quatros show as pre-orders over and sold out which is awesome that that many were sold.. how many "first batches" were there?

kimck99

Post by kimck99 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:20 am

nickk wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm
kimck99 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi,

I can see what went wrong. In this unique situation the best approach is to create a new order for a SERVIO and leave the old order as failed, then send the new order number to support so they will get it prioritized.

Nick
Thanks Nick for the prompt reply. One issue, There is no option to purchase Servio since it's out of stock. :cry:

I don't suppose you have any idea when the ordering option will be available again.

Much appreciated.

CubsWin

Post by CubsWin » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:45 am

I pre-ordered both a Scribe Quatro and Servio from Best Buy, but neither have shipped and I received an email last night starting that both items are delayed. Hopefully they will receive more stock soon.

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 am

My order for the Quatro Scribe says processing.

Edit
My Order has been completed looking forward to delivery ..

PS I did get an Email.

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 am

EddieP wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 am
My order for the Quatro Scribe says processing.

Edit
My Order has been completed looking forward to delivery ..

PS I did get an Email.
I did too, also have the tracking info from fedex.