date.timezone = "America/Detroit"

This made my times correct again.

Thanks

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yourpalfranc

Post by yourpalfranc »

I downloaded the zip file from Google Drive, but when I unzipped the package there are 8 files. Which do I choose for the QNAP manual install??

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

If I remember right, you point the qnap webpage directly to the zip; no need to unzip.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

yourpalfranc wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:20 pm I downloaded the zip file from Google Drive, but when I unzipped the package there are 8 files. Which do I choose for the QNAP manual install??
There is no need to download all the QNAP folder - just the latest QPKG file itself..
In this case - that would be 0.10.0 as of today.

Once you have the QPKG, go to your NAS, login as an admin and then open the package manager. Select manual install, select your downloaded QPKG and it should install it.

yourpalfranc

Post by yourpalfranc »

Thank you.

But, just so I understand, when I downloaded the QNAP-20190624T211206Z-001.zip file from Google Drive, there were 8 files extracted from that file. I didn't see a choice to just download a single (latest) file.

Thanks again for the help.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

yourpalfranc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:54 am Thank you.

But, just so I understand, when I downloaded the QNAP-20190624T211206Z-001.zip file from Google Drive, there were 8 files extracted from that file. I didn't see a choice to just download a single (latest) file.

Thanks again for the help.
That zip file is the complete QNAP folder from Google Drive. so you will download everything in there - even if it's 100 files..
So better is to download single file - can appreciate it's not obvious how...
To do so - right click on the file you want (typically ends in .qpkg), and select download in the menu presented.

For completeness - what are the .md5 files..
It's a quick way for me to provide a checksum of the QPKG file.. On building the file I use MD5 to create a hash/checksum for the file which will be a unique signature. Once tested (and passed) it is uploaded along with the qpkg. If someone is experiencing issues with the qpkg they can do an md5 hash on their local machine and compare the signature... if different something went wrong with either the upload or download of the qpkg.

yourpalfranc

Post by yourpalfranc »

Thanks again for all the information. I've installed the updated and it seems to be working fine. I was under the impression from the email I recieved from SD that they'd made a significant upgrade in the UI, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think it's long overdue for an improvement makeover.

Thanks again!

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

yourpalfranc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 am Thanks again for all the information. I've installed the updated and it seems to be working fine. I was under the impression from the email I recieved from SD that they'd made a significant upgrade in the UI, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think it's long overdue for an improvement makeover.

Thanks again!
SD has upgraded the UI on their viewer application and is currently in beta.
More instructions here to enable viewtopic.php?f=132&t=71275

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoek

Post by shoek »

Any idea why HDHomeRunDVR shows no recordings? The path for recordings is correct, and the recorded_files.json shows many shows in it. I have 2 series recordings set up, and those don’t show either.

Using an other QNAP plugin for HDHomeRun, “HDHomeRun DVR UI” (by demonrik), everything is shown correctly.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

shoek wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:17 pm Any idea why HDHomeRunDVR shows no recordings? The path for recordings is correct, and the recorded_files.json shows many shows in it. I have 2 series recordings set up, and those don’t show either.

Using an other QNAP plugin for HDHomeRun, “HDHomeRun DVR UI” (by demonrik), everything is shown correctly.
What is HDHomeRunDVR that u refer to?
Last sentence suggests all is OK on Nas

paradoxgrowth

Post by paradoxgrowth »

Hi and thanks so much for developing the app for QNAP! I am hoping it can help me not have to reinstall the DVR engine every time I restart the NAS.

This is all very new and I have no idea what I am doing. I was able to install the QPKG, and see the UI. However after restarting the NAS I am still having to reinstall the engine via windows (i.e. Run HDHomeRun Setup, go the the DVR tab, and click the NAS Install button). Until reinstall, none of my recordings can be found nor any tasks? What am I doing wrong? The instructions on the HDHomeRun page say to install the QPKG then use the windows software to install the engine?

I don't know if this is related but I notice that the HDHomerun UI (on the QNAP) says "Record Engine Version: Unable to discover DVR version".

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

paradoxgrowth wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm Hi and thanks so much for developing the app for QNAP! I am hoping it can help me not have to reinstall the DVR engine every time I restart the NAS.

This is all very new and I have no idea what I am doing. I was able to install the QPKG, and see the UI. However after restarting the NAS I am still having to reinstall the engine via windows (i.e. Run HDHomeRun Setup, go the the DVR tab, and click the NAS Install button). Until reinstall, none of my recordings can be found nor any tasks? What am I doing wrong? The instructions on the HDHomeRun page say to install the QPKG then use the windows software to install the engine?

I don't know if this is related but I notice that the HDHomerun UI (on the QNAP) says "Record Engine Version: Unable to discover DVR version".
Sounds like you may have a few things going on..
Once you switch to using the qpkg we need to figure out your issue, and running the windows installer will confuse things

First things first... Remove the qpkg for now.
Restart the NAS

That will get us to a clean state..

Now install the qpkg
Once installed open the UI
Does it provide a version?
On the dashboard whats the recordpath?
Does the status bar say the engine is running?
If you open the latest log is there signs of life?