Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by signcarver »

Do you have SD's dvr subscription... just want to make sure you are not talking about emby's.

Most common issues not showing up on my.hdhomerun.com is lack of subscription or no StorageID in hdhomerun.conf (for most on a nas, this is written to by the engine but sometimes permissions don't allow such thus won't be listed at my.hdhomerun.com... i don't recall if this spk forces the engine to create such or if the engine later adds it itself), another issue is the not connecting to SD from the same public ip that the device/engine connects from though for your example i doubt that is issue.

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

rsd-HDHR wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:28 am
The other anomaly is http://my.hdhomerun.com/ page returns "No HDHomeRun DVR detected." ??
This is your issue.
For some reason your record engine is not connecting to The SD servers
Next step is to look at log files from engine.. Stop the engine from the ui... Remove the log files and then start the engine again to get a clean log.
signcarver wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am i don't recall if this spk forces the engine to create such or if the engine later adds it itself
Ships empty.. The engine writes it first time and is preserved through updates.
UI dashboard should show it
Adding the subscription check to diagnostics in next release

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

signcarver wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am Do you have SD's dvr subscription... just want to make sure you are not talking about emby's.

Most common issues not showing up on my.hdhomerun.com is lack of subscription or no StorageID in hdhomerun.conf (for most on a nas, this is written to by the engine but sometimes permissions don't allow such thus won't be listed at my.hdhomerun.com... i don't recall if this spk forces the engine to create such or if the engine later adds it itself), another issue is the not connecting to SD from the same public ip that the device/engine connects from though for your example i doubt that is issue.
I do have an SD DVR subscription since EMBY would not record without it. The storage ID is also present and as mentioned the DVR is working with LiveTV as the stream goes thru the DVR Engine when viewing LiveTV...

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

demonrik wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 am
The other anomaly is http://my.hdhomerun.com/ page returns "No HDHomeRun DVR detected." ??
This is your issue.
Next step is to look at log files from engine.. Stop the engine from the ui... Remove the log files and then start the engine again to get a clean log.
signcarver wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am i don't recall if this spk forces the engine to create such or if the engine later adds it itself
Could you tell me the domain of the SD servers? I use good 2nd Gen firewall and can allow certain systems to known domains... or is it all *.silicondust.com??

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

rsd-HDHR wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:12 am
This is your issue.
Could you tell me the domain of the SD servers? I use good 2nd Gen firewall and can allow certain systems to known domains... or is it all *.silicondust.com??
I added *.silicondust.com and *.hdhomerun.com as allowed exceptions and CAN see the DVR on the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ page... we'll see of the schedules recording works!

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

rsd-HDHR wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:25 am
rsd-HDHR wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:12 am
This is your issue.

I added *.silicondust.com and *.hdhomerun.com as allowed exceptions and CAN see the DVR on the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ page... we'll see of the schedules recording works!
Recording as I type ... thanks for the tips!

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

Is it possible to delete the "Record Engine Logs" using the web interface? I ask since there's a red X on the right side of the window... if I click it I get 'Error Invalid status: ... 405 Not Allowed ( Title ) ... popup...

rsd-HDHR

Post by rsd-HDHR »

rsd-HDHR wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 am Is it possible to delete the "Record Engine Logs" using the web interface? I ask since there's a red X on the right side of the window... if I click it I get 'Error Invalid status: ... 405 Not Allowed ( Title ) ... popup...
I see the web interface "X" function does delete the file however it throws an error popup in chrome...

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

rsd-HDHR wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:50 am
rsd-HDHR wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 am Is it possible to delete the "Record Engine Logs" using the web interface? I ask since there's a red X on the right side of the window... if I click it I get 'Error Invalid status: ... 405 Not Allowed ( Title ) ... popup...
I see the web interface "X" function does delete the file however it throws an error popup in chrome...
will look in to it.

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42, 108007F1

Post by NTC »

Hi, since version 6.x I have been getting a 405 Not Allowed error message when I try to access the dashboard via the HDHomeRunDVR manager web page. I can see my recordings in the manager, and I can access the settings page (cog wheel) that shows my variables, PHP version, and tuner info. It's just when I click on dashboard that I get the 405. Since someone brought up http error 405 I figure I should mention it too. No issues with scheduling or recording so not a big deal for me. Unless there's something on the dashboard page that I may need.

Norm

GGRussell
Device ID: 10802801

Post by GGRussell »

Would the Synology DS218J work well with DVR engine. Has 512MB I'll just be running HDHomeRun DVR engine.

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42, 108007F1

Post by NTC »

GGRussell wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am Would the Synology DS218J work well with DVR engine. Has 512MB I'll just be running HDHomeRun DVR engine.
I have the DS218j and have had no problems using it as a DVR. I have it paired with a HDHomeRun Connect Quatro, using the Android HDHomeRun app running on my Sony X900F to watch and set recordings.

crzipilot

Post by crzipilot »

Hello,

I was attempting to get this to work a year ago, and didn't have success. Now I happened to d/l the 7.3 version, uploaded it and it's working, sort of. I'm sure it's just my hands crossed.

Anyways recordings were being done on local PC. When I uploaded 7.3 to synology, it found all the dvr's etc. I ftp'd all the recordings and logs from computer to the synology HDHomerunDVR folder. I stopped the HDhomerun package on synology, restarted it , and checked the settings recording paths etc, and all seemed well. I can not see any of the recorded shows I ftp'd over. (looking at ownership, the files are all 777 but says admin owns it, could this be a problem.)

I attempted to record current running shows, and it records them and shows up on the synology dashboard of recorded shows. But for the life of me I can't find where those files are located. There isn't a new folder made in the hdhomerundvr folder, so not sure where the shows are getting saved to.

Config file location: /volume1/@appstore/HDHomeRunDVR/etc/HDHomeRunDVR.conf

Record Path: /volume1/HDHomeRunDVR

Any suggestions?