Signal issues - linkinpark

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
linkinpark

Signal issues - linkinpark

Post by linkinpark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:17 am

Hello

Did the high pass filter solve your problems. Im having similar issues. ive got an homerun duo and i use the Hdhomerun app on the Nvidia Shield as my main access to the tuner. when i use the shileld the picture pixelates or complete no signal. i can get no picture on android tablet or iphone if i turn the shield off i can now get a perfect picture on all my channels using the android tablet and iphone to me this seems like some interference from the shield.

The shield as a wired Ethernet connection.

Thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Signal issues - linkinpark

Post by jasonl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data and run a channel scan (see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69066) then reproduce the issue, leaving it going for at least 10 minutes in each state. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.

linkinpark

Post by linkinpark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks for getting back. Enabled diagnostics and my hdhomerun details are

Model: HDHR5-2DT 
Device ID: 12402ED2 
Firmware: 20190417

Done a scan with the Nvidia shield on and I've gone from 142 channels to 42 channels. Lots of them pixelated or no picture.

Redone the scan with shield off and got 139 channels all seem fine playing on android tablet and iPhone then turned shield on at end of test and a lot of the channels won't play..

I'm in UK my shield and hdhomerun are connected to a network switch from a tplink router.

Thanks again

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Is the Shield in close proximity to the HDHomeRun, antenna, or coax cable? There's a huge drop in signal quality in one of the scans, presumably the one with the Shield on.

linkinpark

Post by linkinpark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Yes the shield and the tuner are within a meter of each other and both are placed below tv.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Can you move them further apart? The Shield is probably emitting something that is generating interference. Usually a meter of separation should be enough to eliminate any issues. If not, then there might be something wrong with the Shield.

linkinpark

Post by linkinpark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Ok thanks I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

linkinpark

Post by linkinpark » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:19 pm

I seem to have stopped the interference. I don't think it was the shield that was causing the problem. I moved the HDMI lead away from the coax cable and it seemed to help reception then renewed the coax to an rg6 cable which now seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for help.