No tuners found in hdhr setup

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jachin99

No tuners found in hdhr setup

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm

I suddenly get a no tuners found message in hd homerun setup on for my primes after a storm. The left most LED is solid red and the next one to the right is solid green. No other lights are on. I have already tried cycling power on the device with no luck. What else can I do to troubleshoot

NedS
Silicondust

Re: No tuners found in hdhr setup

Post by NedS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 pm

The left-most LED being solid red means the PRIME can't connect to the network. Before assuming there is damage to the unit itself, see if a different ethernet cable, or better yet, connecting it to a different port (or different router all together) does anything. It's possible what got damaged was your networking equipment.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Everything is plugged into a switch which is connected to the router. The rest of my networking gear works fine. I tried swapping the cable and changing ports but no luck. Do you have any more suggestions? Can it be fixed if it is the nic port? Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 pm

My only suggestion would be to unplug (power and ethernet) for a few hours and/or try a different power supply (5V, 2.5A, amps can be rated higher). The first option i have never had to do with primes but have had to do such with quatros and duos.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:15 pm

signcarver wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 pm
try a different power supply (5V, 2.5A, amps can be rated higher).
That would have been one of the first things I would try(*). Note, for testing purposes (only) 5V 2A is sufficient. If by "storm" the OP means lightning, or other power surges, the (induced) surge voltages may have damaged any number of components in the household.

Good luck.

(*) It is always the power, until proven otherwise. Note to the op, do not just try to test the voltage of the supply with just a vom. You must test under load, and validate its voltage and ripple are within the specifications, which typically requires testing equipment one does not have, which is why the usual recommendation is to just use another power supply for testing purposes.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am

After moving my tuners from the switch to my router the issue went away. I also unplugged everything for a while but that didn't seem to fix things. This tuner worked fine on the switch before so what do you think the issue could be? I would rather have everything on the same switch.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:16 pm

I have seen cases where the switch's power supply starts to go bad, and that drops the voltage on the ethernet ports enough that some devices have trouble getting a link. Or the switch itself is just going bad.